Talk

Advanced search

JUST sex

(3 Posts)
Lisa90x Tue 17-Nov-20 20:51:37

Hey folks!

So me and my partner haven't really been getting on recently. To put in the picture we have been together for 12 years and have 2 boys together. I work late nights as a nurse and he is self employed. He does help round the house a lot after work! I mean a lot!
We haven't being seeing eye to eye if you like and there is a huge distance between us. Anyway.... we had a bit of an argument to which he said that he feels he is doing a lot round the house (which I do agree) but then the hits out with when we have been have sex he feels like it's just sex! I'm really hurt by this comment and I'm not sure if I'm over reacting as I haven't spoken to him since and it's been really awkward. My mental health hasn't been good a do come home get washed and go to bed so I'm not doing as much per say as I usually do but it's because I'm feeling down! I did try tell him this the same night but I feel he ignored the situation. Is this comment of just sex hurting me more than it should? To me it's stating there's no feelings there 😢 also i feel like a shitty partner because I haven't being doing as much due to my mood xx

OP’s posts: |
LouiseTrees Tue 17-Nov-20 22:08:39

To me it’s saying that he feels you are going through the motions, not that there isn’t any feeling on his side.

PaterPower Wed 18-Nov-20 00:22:31

I agree with PP that it sounds more like he’s saying you’re going through the motions (of sex) rather than connecting with him. Would you say he has a point?

What’ve you done to try and help your mental health? Are you accessing any counselling? Have you seen your GP for a referral?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in