Talk

Advanced search

Is there a way I can find all the threads I started?

(14 Posts)
RoyalChocolat Tue 27-Oct-20 11:47:10

Hello,
I have started several threads on Mumsnet over the years.
DH's abuse (not physical) has recently escalated again and I would like to print the threads and send them to a person of trust, just in case.
I cannot remember all my past usernames. Can anyone help me please?

OP’s posts: |
newnameforthis123 Tue 27-Oct-20 11:53:11

I think @MNHQ may be willing and able to help you with this as they will have a record of your previous usernames under the same email address, so would know they were all you. Poor you I'm sorry you're going through that thanks

AttilaTheMeerkat Tue 27-Oct-20 11:55:51

I would also contact MNHQ directly in this respect.

What would you want this person to do with the information you sent them?.

But getting back to you personally, how can you be helped into leaving your abuser?. Have you for instance contacted Womens Aid and or your local domestic violence support group?.

RoyalChocolat Tue 27-Oct-20 12:01:56

AttilaTheMeerkat I would like them to keep it and look at it if something happened to me.
Over the years my husband has carefully built his "perfect husband / dad" persona, slagging me off to everyone behind my back.
If I get hit by a bus tomorrow I would like someone else to know, to be able to help our children if he is their only parent.

RoyalChocolat Wed 28-Oct-20 08:34:31

MNHQ was able to send me a list of my usernames and I found most of my old threads using the advanced search.

Now I need to find the courage to tell someone why.

The only person who knew (to some extent) about the abuse was my mother, but she died a year ago.

picklemewalnuts Wed 28-Oct-20 08:50:50

I'm so sorry you feel so vulnerable, Royal.

Do you know what to do next?

RoyalChocolat Wed 28-Oct-20 08:55:50

pickledmewalnuts I am not sure.

The only people I could give the information to are my Dad, who is recovering from cancer, and my brother, whose husband has left him and who is not in a great place mentally. I don't want to burden either of them with my problems.

Princessposie Wed 28-Oct-20 08:59:49

Go into change username and it has the list underneath.

picklemewalnuts Wed 28-Oct-20 09:01:52

It doesn't need to be a personal contact.
Do you work? Is there someone there you can tell?
Or a vicar? May sound odd, but they are used to receiving requests for help.
Women's Aid or a women's centre in your area?

You could of course go to the police.

TiggerDatter Wed 28-Oct-20 09:10:37

Could you seal the info and hand it to your DF and DB, with instructions not to open it? Or leave it with your will at your solicitor’s.

FlippinNoah Wed 28-Oct-20 09:19:51

I second leaving a copy with your will with instructions of 'to be read by...'

Do you feel in danger for your life from your partner? I don't know if I am reading between the lines when you said '...if I get hit by a bus tomorrow...'

Your post sent shivers down my spine. I hope you find support, I really do.

RoyalChocolat Wed 28-Oct-20 09:39:12

tiggerdatter of course it would be sealed, I would not want them to read my threads.

flippinNoah I don't know. He has never lifted a finger on me. But I have never seen such hatred in anyone's eyes before. I have had a horrible gut feeling for the past few weeks. I have always felt that if he were to hurt me, it would be carefully planned and there would be no warning signs. Again, he has never, ever been violent so I am probably imagining things because I am not in a great place mentally.

TiggerDatter Wed 28-Oct-20 10:03:10

Listen to your gut OP and seek help 💐

nicerbeing Wed 28-Oct-20 10:07:47

DH's abuse (not physical) has recently escalated again and I would like to print the threads and send them to a person of trust,

I understand your thoughts, but the reality is these threads prove nothing. If having someone else read what you once wrote about him makes you feel better then by all means go ahead. But, the more pressing issue is your safety. You need to speak to someone about your immediate risk. Have you got anyone who can help you? Can you speak to women's aid or any other agency? Are your children safe?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in