Talk

Advanced search

when should you have your first snog in a relationship?

(14 Posts)
florencesmachine2 Sun 27-Sep-20 12:56:13

help me out please
when dating someone how long do you usually like to leave it before you have your first snog.
not your first kiss together I mean a more passionate kiss with a bit of tongue? I don't want to come on too strong but I don't wait too long either

OP’s posts: |
doctorhamster Sun 27-Sep-20 12:59:00

When it feels right, surely? Don't over think it.

florencesmachine2 Sun 27-Sep-20 13:26:43

@doctorhamster
I know I am overthinking it haha grin
I just wonder what the normal amount of dates before other people go for it is

MeridaTheBold Sun 27-Sep-20 13:29:15

Second thread about 'snogging' . You must be very bored.

doctorhamster Sun 27-Sep-20 13:43:40

Well I'm pretty sure I snogged dh before we had our first date. We've been together almost 20 years so I'm assuming he didn't object.

DustyMaiden Sun 27-Sep-20 13:48:17

He asked me out, we went for a walk in the countryside. The sun shone and he kissed me. So about 20 minutes. That was 42 years ago.

Ohalrightthen Sun 27-Sep-20 13:49:35

Surely just whenever the feeling takes you? Date 1, date 5, whenever!

Tho to be honest i have never actually "dated", i am the queen of "had a one night stand with some bloke and now we're kinda together ish?"

lasangoles Sun 27-Sep-20 13:56:26

When it feels right. I do think you can leave it too long though and it can become awkward. Date 3 for the guy I'm seeing!

seensome Sun 27-Sep-20 14:22:04

First date, if I don't want to passionately kiss them then it's unlikely to ever happen.
It should happen naturally of course though.

Bunnymumy Sun 27-Sep-20 14:29:46

No later than the end of date two for me purely because if he is a crappy kisser then that could be an 'end it' situation.

I mean kissing can improve tbf but...if he is a washing machine kisser or a hoover... then that would probably put me off too much to want to stick around tbh. I dont know how people grow into adulthood and still think that's how to kiss. Like mate, I'd like my face back thanks.

Monday55 Sun 27-Sep-20 14:34:56

In this day and age they must take a covid test 1st before commencing. I'm sure it was also suggested for couples to wear face masks during sex if they don't live in the same bubble. Thus, suggesting kissing is not allowed 😅

elQuintoConyo Sun 27-Sep-20 14:37:36

Church tongue?

grin

coffeeandjuice Sun 27-Sep-20 14:38:06

I think for you, the answer should be, the next time you see him! It's probably on his mind too. Enjoy

florencesmachine2 Sun 27-Sep-20 15:25:39

coffeeandjuice

I think for you, the answer should be, the next time you see him! It's probably on his mind too. Enjoy

I like the way you think wink
based on what everyone's been saying I think I will give him a snog to remember when I see him
that will be date no5 btw
cant wait grin

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in