Advanced search

Would you call the police? Please help

(81 Posts)
Hopelesslydevoted0 Sat 12-Sep-20 22:13:10

my boyfriend is being mentally abusive tonight and I don't know what I should do. Im crying, I can't put up with him bullying me any more. He is nasty and narcissistic and he is ruining my life. Tonight I got dressed up for him coming home, makeup etc. Was dancing around sipping wine and flirting while he called the curry. He "cunt punted" me when i was trying to be flirty. He then commented that the woman on TV was beautiful. I tried to hug him standing up and he grappled me in a wrestling move. I am very very depressed and have been trying to be a new version of me, basically the old me who was elegant and playful and joyful. He made me feel masculine and small. I went to my room, he followed half an hour later, he made me tell him why I left. I didnt want to tell him because he fights with me and gaslights me when i do. He forced me to tell him, I told him im trying to be who I used to be and that he made me feel unwanted and rubbish with the wrestling etc. He then told me I wasn't who I used to be and I dont act like who I want to be. He tore me apart. I'm in bits. He just keeps going. What do I do im ruined and so unhappy. I feel that I'll never be me again.

OP’s posts: |
slipperywhensparticus Sat 12-Sep-20 22:16:07

Cunt punted?

honeyytoast Sat 12-Sep-20 22:17:44

Hi, sorry I don’t really have any good advice but I’m so sorry to hear this - if you feel physically intimidated or threatened absolutely call the police. If not, is there anyone else you can call to pick you up or something? flowers

BabetteAteOtemeal Sat 12-Sep-20 22:18:23

I'm not sure about police but this relationship definitely needs to end. He sounds truly awful and you deserve much better.

Also not sure what cunt punching is!

JamieLeeCurtains Sat 12-Sep-20 22:18:24

If you can't take any more of the abuse and coercive control, and the 'wrestling' was unwanted physical contact, and you need support to put him out of your home, then yes you can call the police for help.

Key words: unwanted physical aggression; emotional abuse; coercive control; need him gone now.

I think you need support, yes.

honeyytoast Sat 12-Sep-20 22:18:37

Or do you feel able to kick him out and have someone over to stay with you?

SengaMac Sat 12-Sep-20 22:19:19

It doesn't sound like a police matter but you need to dump him.
He's a nasty bully.

funnylittlefloozie Sat 12-Sep-20 22:19:26

If "cunt punted" means physically assaulted, then yes, phone the police and have him removed, make a statement and support prosecution.

CheekyFuckerHQ Sat 12-Sep-20 22:19:43

Is it your home OP or do you share it together?
Do you have somewhere else safe that you can go?

PurpleDaisies Sat 12-Sep-20 22:19:52

Have you got children? Is there anywhere safe you could leave to?

user165423256322 Sat 12-Sep-20 22:21:42

Coercive control is a police matter. If op wants their help.

ShrimpSymphony Sat 12-Sep-20 22:22:15

No idea what cunt punted is but it sounds like something I would call the police for

Runforyourlifeitsagherkin Sat 12-Sep-20 22:22:23

Cunt punted?? Please tell me he never kicked you in the groin..

Embracelife Sat 12-Sep-20 22:22:25

Verb.cunt-punt. (slang, vulgar, transitive) To kick (a female) in the groin.

Did he do this?
Then if is assault. Call 999

Whatthebloodyell Sat 12-Sep-20 22:22:35

Do you mean that he kicked you in the genital region? Then yes, call the police and please break up With him.

Anordinarymum Sat 12-Sep-20 22:22:47

I just looked it up and cunt-punting means being kicked in the crotch so no bruising shows.

I would call the police. Never mind the rest of the abuse. I've never heard anything so shocking and I have been around the block as they say

Gazelda Sat 12-Sep-20 22:22:59

You will be you again. In fact, you could be a stronger version of you.
If you're not happy, then leave him.
I don't know what 'cunt punted' is, but if it's a form of physical violence then yes, call the police.

HastySlander Sat 12-Sep-20 22:23:37

Assume by ‘cunt punting’ you mean he kicked you hard between the legs? That is assault OP. Is there somewhere you could go tonight? He’s vile and you’re worth so much more. You will be yourself again when you get away from this repulsive excuse for a human being.

Hopelesslydevoted0 Sat 12-Sep-20 22:24:27

I'm sorry my post is everywhere, my head is everywhere. I was shaking and crying writing it and reading it back now im away from him in the kitchen its a mess. I have children, one is his. The post doesn't put across how he treats me or how much it affects me. Its so hard to put into words. I just want to be away from him. I have nowhere to go and its a joint tenancy rented house

OP’s posts: |
AnyFucker Sat 12-Sep-20 22:24:51

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

PrawnofthePatriarchy Sat 12-Sep-20 22:24:56

If he's assaulted you then please call the police.

Embracelife Sat 12-Sep-20 22:25:22

Go to a Nd e get yourself checked where he kicked you.
Tell them everything. Ask for domestic violencd support

Hopelesslydevoted0 Sat 12-Sep-20 22:25:46

I didnt know what it meant either, he told me when he did it. I was mortified and still am. I dont know why im still here sad

OP’s posts: |
PrawnofthePatriarchy Sat 12-Sep-20 22:26:40

At least if the police come they'll take him away and give you time to decide how to go forward.

PurpleDaisies Sat 12-Sep-20 22:29:07

He had assaulted you tonight with children in the house.

This is a police matter.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in