Talk

Advanced search

Rock and a hard place...

(4 Posts)
Fdev Sat 12-Sep-20 19:18:51

Hello everyone. Will keep this as brief as I can, i mainly need a quick vent and some words of encouragement sad
I am in a same sex relationship (2 females) in our twenties, we have been together 2 years. Live together and have a puppy 7.5 month old. I am currently on sick leave from work and having my own battle with depression. Tensions between my partner and I have come to a head resulting in her giving me an ultimatum. She feels I dont appreciate her or things she does etc. I just feel like I dont have a fight in me at the moment, which she sees as me not caring. Basically, I change or shes leaving...
I'm open to people's tips and opinions good or bad. I am just a bit lost right now

OP’s posts: |
TorkTorkBam Sat 12-Sep-20 19:29:01

You might be better off single. A fairly new relationship and you have become deeply depressed. It does not sound like this is the right relationship for either of you. Maybe you need to work on yourself for a while without the added complexity of a relationship in trouble.

fatgirlslimmer Sat 12-Sep-20 19:35:47

Do you appreciate her? What does she think she is she doing that you don’t or what is she expecting from you? It’s difficult to comment without knowing the context.

Windmillwhirl Sat 12-Sep-20 19:58:52

What are you doing with regards to your depression? Are you in therapy? On meds? Able to talk to someone?

Living with someone with depression is not easy. Perhaps you need some time out to work on yourself without the added pressure of a relationship. What do you think?

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in