Talk

Advanced search

Did you ever feel ex having dc over night affected your relationship?

(4 Posts)
Newmummy20181 Sat 12-Sep-20 00:03:32

Just that really, did or do you ever feel like your ex having your dc overnight has affected your relationship with dc? Either positively or negatively

OP’s posts: |
Weetabixandcrumpets Sat 12-Sep-20 00:40:27

Unless there is a really good reason they need a decent relationship with both parents. By not making it hard for my DS and being positive, it kept our relationship on track.

chickenortheegg Sat 12-Sep-20 00:48:48

My ex would get up and give hugs, clean them up if they'd been sick etc so it's been good for them to have Dad look after them overnight.

Lostfrost Sat 12-Sep-20 11:17:13

One of mine has been affected negatively. The older ones refuse to see their father. He went to court but the court upheld their choice. The little one comes back calling me misogynistic names after his dad has discussed my sexual history with him.

I'm told children can adapt to two sets of rules in different houses but that hasn't been my experience at all. My son is allowed phones and screens all night with his dad, and there are no parental controls. He eats fast food the whole time and is allowed unlimited snacks. My son was overweight and lost a lot of weight in lockdown when he wasn't able to see his father. Now he has gained it all back. I'm not able to dictate what his father feeds him but I'm the one who has to comfort my son when he is bullied for being fat.

My gut feeling is that my son will leave because his time with his dad is more fun. I do all the boring stuff like homework. It became clear this week that much of last weekend was spent slagging me off. It is very hard to see my son like this because his older siblings are thriving and happy since they stopped seeing their father.

My son on some level believes what his father is telling him about me. I am careful never to say a bad word about my ex.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in