Advanced search

Changing child's surname

(5 Posts)
Justnoisewhitenoise Sun 06-Sep-20 19:32:40

Hi all. Following on from my last post, I guess my next question is has anyone successfully managed to change their child's surname via a court order when the father hadn't consented?

OP’s posts: |
jeaux90 Sun 06-Sep-20 22:01:33

I've done mine via deed poll without a court order. But then he has been absent with no contact or maintenance for years so I just did it.

Justnoisewhitenoise Sun 06-Sep-20 22:24:41

I did a post earlier about changing my daughters surname, there's an active non molestation order in place and we had to flee DV, these are conditions in which I read a child's surname could be changed without father's consent or a court order.. But was told it wasn't correct and information was the correct information.

OP’s posts: |
indemMUND Sun 06-Sep-20 22:35:08

No but after many issues with a useless father going in for years DD is refusing to be referred to by his surname. I've labelled all of her new school clothes with my surname and have emailed the school detailing why. Her father is currently sectioned and can't consent to anything so I guess we'll see how it plays out with school.

indemMUND Sun 06-Sep-20 22:35:30

*on not in

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in