Talk

Advanced search

Turning back time?

(4 Posts)
Supernova18 Sun 06-Sep-20 10:31:43

Hello everyone,
Another Sunday of feeling lost. I woke up at 3am, again and can’t get back to sleep. I think back to my old life, in my old home. I was with my ex for 7 years, engaged, owned a house. We split and he was fine. He never showed any emotion, apart from my sadness when he posted a picture of 2 girls all over him (we still lived together at this point). I moved out & he told me to have a nice life. He went away and has been with a girl who lives in Qatar ever since, he lives in London. They went abroad 4 weeks after knowing eachother. He’s lied and lied, I knew about her but he denied it, until I saw a picture recently and he removed all trace of me. My heart sank and since then the anxiety has been awful. I don’t know why I wasn’t good enough, why after so long someone else was. He’s told me he wanted a friendship and to be able to get in touch in the future. Then blocked me, removed all trace of me.

I feel lost, worthless and unattractive. I have taken mirrors down so I don’t have to look at myself. I won’t go out of the house. I am so depressed and heartbroken about what this person has that I don’t that I’d rather not have to live my life seeing them both be so happy

OP’s posts: |
NotThatStrange Sun 06-Sep-20 11:09:29

OP, do not believe anything that you see online especially on social media.

Next time you wake up at 3 am, instead of allowing things from the past to play again and again on your mind. Why not listen to audio book? Things happens for a reason, you should use your past to influence your future for the best.

You also know the kind of people that you should avoid in the future. Right now the only person who can stop you from living the life that you truly want and deserve is you. You're in control, do not allow someone who treated you like trash to have so much control of you.

Why would you even want to be friend with this man? Get out there and live your life. Put your mirror up and appreciate yourself.

How do you know that he is happy? People do all kind of stupid things to make themselves feel good. If it helps, write all the bad things in the relationship in the 7 years.

Then write all your good qualities.

Supernova18 Sun 06-Sep-20 12:47:23

NotThatStrange

OP, do not believe anything that you see online especially on social media.

Next time you wake up at 3 am, instead of allowing things from the past to play again and again on your mind. Why not listen to audio book? Things happens for a reason, you should use your past to influence your future for the best.

You also know the kind of people that you should avoid in the future. Right now the only person who can stop you from living the life that you truly want and deserve is you. You're in control, do not allow someone who treated you like trash to have so much control of you.

Why would you even want to be friend with this man? Get out there and live your life. Put your mirror up and appreciate yourself.

How do you know that he is happy? People do all kind of stupid things to make themselves feel good. If it helps, write all the bad things in the relationship in the 7 years.

Then write all your good qualities.

@NotThatStrange

Thank you. It makes it hard as I feel my names been dragged through the mud and people removing me and not being very kind. When it’s clear he’s the one with someone and who’s been awful

OP’s posts: |
NotThatStrange Sun 06-Sep-20 15:11:34

OP, worrying about what people say about you will not get you anywhere. What people say about you is their karma, how you react to it is your karma.

Concentrate on you. People will always talk, cut others off, learn to live your life. There is was interesting article by Barbara Amiel yesterday, the way people treated them when her husband was accused of fraud.

Here is her book due to come out soon; www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1472134192/ref=crt_ewc_title_srh_1?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1&tag=mumsnetforu03-21&ie=UTF8.

Stay strong. It may help to join the gym or engage in some physical activities to get rid of the stress. Work on you, so when these fake friends later try to come back, just block them.

flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in