Talk

Advanced search

Saying enough is enough (and meaning it!)

(1 Post)
ohmercy Sat 05-Sep-20 13:17:04

Please give me some help and guidance, I really am in need of it.

I've called an end to my marriage. It may sound trivial but I can't take it anymore. He goes out on a bender at the slightest hint of stress and doesn't come home.

Last night was the final straw. Off out on another bender because he can.

Over the last 6 years I have helped him with everything. Literally everything. Court to see his child, antidepressants, anger management, counselling... you name it, I've done it.

I just cannot tolerate it anymore.

He fucked off out with no warning at 8:45pm, shouts he'll be home by midnight. Give him the benefit of the doubt but at 1am I lock up. He actually came back a few minutes after that which I wasn't expecting but I didn't let him in. He knew the next time would be the last time but pushed me over my limit again.

He says I'm unreasonable, he was "just a bit late" yeah, ok. Late after another binge that will see him sleep all weekend, probably not go to work Monday/Tuesday and leave me alone with the kids all week because "he's so tired"

Our children are 2 & 1. Husband is 43. He'll never change will he?

He's great in other ways, genuinely he is. But these binges just devastate me and I feel like I'm pulling myself apart in order to hold him together. I just can't do it anymore.

Help me say enough is enough and mean it.

Please. Please, help me stay strong. I don't want to live like this for the rest of my life. I feel defeated.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in