Talk

Advanced search

Online dating

(3 Posts)
Kop1983 Sat 29-Aug-20 20:08:27

Hi . 37 year old male , just started online dating .
I have never had anything more than a passing relationship in the past . Mainly due to crippling anxiety and shyness . I am finally at a point after therapy where I feel comfortable and happy with myself ( I never felt good enough for anyone ). I realise I have a lot to offer .
Anyway I have been chatting to a nice sounding woman with similar interests and we have had a video chat and seemed to get along . So much that I would like to ask to meet in person . She casually asked about previous partners .
I don’t want to lie but should I tell her about my lack of previous relationships? It sounds stupid at my age not to have had a proper partner but I hate to feel it’s to late .
Thanks

OP’s posts: |
TruffleMama Sat 29-Aug-20 20:19:35

My advice is - honesty is the best policy. Always.

If you're not honest from the start and then the truth comes out.. it might harm any trust that has been built up. She may understand why you've not been truthful, but she may also wonder if you've not been truthful about other things.

Tell the truth.. if she judges you, it says more about her than it does about you! If she really is a nice woman, she will take you on face value for the person that you are.

Be brave and be confident in yourself with who you are.

Good luck! xx

Kop1983 Sat 29-Aug-20 20:24:52

Thanks , that’s where I was leaning . I don’t want lie . It just feels very scary at the moment . I also recently discovered I can’t have children and the first contact I made online immediately stopped replying when I told her .She asked why I said “not sure “ under the children Section of the website . So It didn’t feel great telling the truth that time .

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in