Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

relationship doubts

(16 Posts)
xXxamyxXx Fri 05-Oct-07 01:10:03

am i the only one who wonders why am i with him?anyone else have occasional doubts?

PodPast Fri 05-Oct-07 01:11:46

yes i do. usually background thoughts, occasionally 24 hours of sobbing when i wonder what on earth i am doing. then i push them to the back again, for another few months/years.

sarahtwobratz Fri 05-Oct-07 01:14:44

Occassional doubts??? All the time. We have been together 14 yrs, married for 9. A long term relationship needs tolerance more than love and passion. Ask your self if you believe in marriage/family.

xXxamyxXx Fri 05-Oct-07 01:15:57

thanx for replying pp thought it was just me!dh is great dad not a nasty man sometimes i just wanna scream when im around him i really dont know why maybe we got together too young i dont know just having one of those nights you know

sarahtwobratz Fri 05-Oct-07 01:17:40

xXx, you can never be too young, just too oldgrin

xXxamyxXx Fri 05-Oct-07 01:18:02

well thats just it happy or grand most of the time would never break up my little family or anything just having an ahhhhhhhhhhh!moment need indulging sorrysad

xXxamyxXx Fri 05-Oct-07 01:19:06

lol!am young just feel very bloody old lately!

sarahtwobratz Fri 05-Oct-07 01:19:44

How old are you/kids?

xXxamyxXx Fri 05-Oct-07 01:23:19

am 21 ds 2 dh 22 with him since 15 so long term!am just being a moan i know but have no social life so thought id give out to my dear mns instead hope you dont mind!

PodPast Fri 05-Oct-07 01:27:22

we've been together 20 years, married 5. i just take the view that i'm committed, i decided that a long time ago, and if he annoys me i have to deal with it without giving him grief. BUT sometimes i think i would have been an entirely different (happier, less prozac-needing) person if i'd dared to break up after 4 weeks - which i so nearly did... i'm in a sobby phase, but i know it will pass.

sarahtwobratz Fri 05-Oct-07 01:29:07

You are so young, but that is a good thing. I am 36 with 2 DDs(6&2). I wish soooooo much I had kids at your age. By the time you are as old as me your DC will be all grown and you will have time for YOU. I am stuck here til god knows whenenvy

sarahtwobratz Fri 05-Oct-07 01:31:21

podpast, why wait so long to get married?? Why get married at all after all that time? Why are things so bad right now?

xXxamyxXx Fri 05-Oct-07 01:33:03

i know its hard isnt it sometimes im miny marta stuart with him and then sometimes i just want my own space[ds included as part of course] and just to be me and tell him to go aaaawwwwayyyyy!!!!!am just having a long overdue wobble myself havnt been just me since 15 so think its alowed for once!

xXxamyxXx Fri 05-Oct-07 01:35:22

true am planning at least one more love my ds so much!but like the idea of having my fortys to do what i wantgrin

PodPast Fri 05-Oct-07 19:36:38

we got married after ds was born as it suddenly seemed to matter, having never done so before. it made me much happier and more settled. we had dd a year later which has been great. things aren't bad now - i just empathised with the op's question! i'm generally having a distressed patch but nothing especially to do with dh.

LoveMyGirls Fri 05-Oct-07 19:44:35

I have the odd wobbley moment BUT to balance it out I also so have these amazing bursts of LOVE where I just can't explain how much I want to love him and be with him everyday!!! (can you tell i'm in my loved up phase at the mo!)

I've also had children young had dd1 at 17 got together with dp when i was 19 and had dd2 when i was 23, i'm also looking forward to carefree days when I am in my forties and dp is earning enough to make us comfortable! (i'm very much enjoying my children but also can see myself in 20 yrs going for cups of tea/ shopping and helping with the grandkids! - You will notice how I don't mention work........I'm hoping to be a lady of leisure!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now