Talk

Advanced search

In a bad place and dont know where to turn.

(4 Posts)
Honeypot1980 Tue 11-Aug-20 15:11:31

My DH and I are currently having some relationship issues. After an incident today a friend said my DH is behaving like a narcissist and now I am wondering if she is right and what I should do about it.

This is a brief diary of my week to give an insight to the goings on, I had been offered a new job which I started yesterday after losing my business during the pandemic.

Sunday night I told him I felt a little nervous about going back to full time work after working for myself for so long. His response was to tell me to get into the real world, I couldn't expect to live the lifestyle I wanted without bringing in money. Despite me earning the same as him for the last three years.

Yesterday - first day at new job (working from home) he came home at lunch and tried to give me a kiss whilst I was working at my desk. Apparently I turned my cheek to him rather than kiss him directly on the lips and he wanted to know what my problem was. I was stressed enough starting a new job and now this. I told him to stop acting like a child and then he didn't speak to me for the rest of the day and night.

Today it is my best friends 40th, a few of the girls were having lunch together and he phoned me to find out why our door hadn't been locked. I told our eldest DS that if I wasn't home before he left to go out with friends to close the door and I wouldn't be long, I told my DH this on the phone and he had a right go at me telling me it wasn't good enough, all this when he knew I was out for lunch.

This is the kind of behaviour I am dealing with constantly, I feel like one minute he is more like my dad and then the next minute he acts like a child. I cant tell him how I feel as he is never wrong and constantly the victim. I would really appreciate some advice on tackling this issue as I am at the end of my tether this week.

TIA

OP’s posts: |
rvby Tue 11-Aug-20 21:18:15

He sounds like he has a lot of contempt for you.

There isn't a lot you can do about that except stand your ground and stop participating in his dressings-down (if that makes sense). E.g. hanging up the phone or walking off when he starts.

What do you want to do?

Emancipated Tue 11-Aug-20 21:43:54

God this sounds exhausting.

Does he have any good qualities?

EKGEMS Tue 11-Aug-20 23:34:05

Tell him to drop dead. Twice

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in