Talk

Advanced search

Shielded and in a relationship

(3 Posts)
movewiththetimes Sun 02-Aug-20 22:36:57

To cut a long story short. I'm a single mum working full time from home. I have two children, one SEN.

Since March I've been shielded, which has been extremely hard going on my mental and physical health. I'm extremely immune suppressed.

I've been in a relationship for 3 year but we don't live together. Tonight he got pissed off because he wanted to see me socially distant but I put him off because my son wanted to go to bed (SEN and sleeps in my bed, I go to bed at the same time as him). Believe me I'd love a night off!

At the moment I'm struggling to hold it all together, I'm pulled from pillar to post, all whilst not being able to leave the house.

He's the most kind and thoughtful person, and does so many lovely things. Am I being unreasonable in thinking 'I don't need this shit'? He's worked throughout all this but at least he's having some social contact and rest when he gets home, I'm absolutely exhausted trying to please everyone.

Does anyone else find themselves in this situation?

OP’s posts: |
WouldBeGood Sun 02-Aug-20 22:43:41

@movewiththetimes it sounds like an awful time for you. But when are you planning to see him? I don’t think I could sustain a relationship with someone I couldn’t see or have physical contact with for the foreseeable future. I think if you want it to continue you need to think about making time for him. Not that it’s easy.

movewiththetimes Sun 02-Aug-20 22:54:35

I agree but the children are always here. I'm just exhausted and I've got nothing left to give, but I want to. I completely understand where he's coming from but I don't know what to do, my daughter doesn't leave me alone in the day, once she's asleep my son wants to be next to me.

This is such a hard time. I know it is for everyone. It will all pass but at the moment I feel like I can't do anything right x

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in