Talk

Advanced search

Is this fairly normal or should I take the hint?

(15 Posts)
Sackofpotatoes Wed 29-Jul-20 23:15:05

Name changed as a little bit outing.

Last week I sent a message to close friends inviting them to an event. Neither responded. Today, I sent a little follow up and again nothing.

If I was invited to something I wasn't interested in I would send a polite decline. To just flat out not respond, I'm thinking maybe they dont actually like me as much as I thought they did. confused

OP’s posts: |
londonscalling Wed 29-Jul-20 23:16:45

They are bloody rude!

Oldestchild90s Wed 29-Jul-20 23:19:03

I've had this op, people only want you when it suits them. One of my 'best friends' hasn't contacted me since March when i told her i was pregnant.. you're too good for people like that ❤️

thefourgp Wed 29-Jul-20 23:19:30

They’re not close friends. They might have forgotten to reply to the first message but ignoring the second is very telling.

OhioOhioOhio Wed 29-Jul-20 23:21:53

Ignore but be friendly when they get back in touch.

Immigrantsong Wed 29-Jul-20 23:24:50

Fuck them and don't contact them again. You deserve better and they have treated you badly.

thefourgp Wed 29-Jul-20 23:37:58

I disagree @OhioOhioOhio. Pretending someone you thought was a good friend hasn’t hurt you is not healthy.

Popjam Wed 29-Jul-20 23:40:57

They are rude but you also never know what people are going through. Do you talk to them much?

notfunnynow Thu 30-Jul-20 00:19:26

They’re not close friends

Sackofpotatoes Thu 30-Jul-20 08:36:53

@popjam we do/did speak pretty regularly and they've been responding to other friends in another group chat.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I think I suspected as much but it doesnt feel great if I'm honest.

OP’s posts: |
Livandme Thu 30-Jul-20 08:40:36

This kind of behaviour really hurts. People do eventually show their true colours and your suspicions were clearly right.
Trust yourself and your gut.

Happynow001 Thu 30-Jul-20 09:44:06

Sackofpotatoes

*@popjam* we do/did speak pretty regularly and they've been responding to other friends in another group chat.

Thanks everyone for the replies, I think I suspected as much but it doesnt feel great if I'm honest.

That's an incredibly rude way to treat anyone, let alone someone who is a friend.

I think I'd not bother to make further overtures to them, nor inviting them to anything else. Life is too short to waste on people like this. 🌹

ChristmasFluff Thu 30-Jul-20 18:16:10

This is incredibly rude.

I don't care if it is normal, I can't be arsed with people like that, and I'd personally not be having much to do with them in future.

"Be friendly when they get back in touch" - er, I'm sure they each have a doormat already.

Better to give your time and energy to other, less rude friends. It's not you, and says nothing about you. It's them.

dudsville Thu 30-Jul-20 18:19:37

That's sad op, look after yourself.

thursdaypizza Thu 30-Jul-20 20:25:48

OP - I wouldn't contact them again. Leave them to contact you. If they don't move on.

Take care of yourself flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in