Talk

Advanced search

He loves me more than the dog got me thinking.....

(6 Posts)
nj32 Wed 29-Jul-20 20:03:38

I live with my partner of 3 years, both have children from previous relationships. We had a what would you do in this situation conversation in the early days of which I didn't really like the answer but tried not to over think it.
Today we talking about some relatives and I said well I know that he would choose his wife over his ex wife if both required a kidney. My partner said well I would prioritise my kids sorry. So if I or his ex partner required a kidney he would choose his ex due his kids potentially losing a mother etc. Is this a reasonable way at looking at things?

OP’s posts: |
Yeahmetoo Wed 29-Jul-20 21:48:34

God that's tough. I can see both sides, to you it feels like he is choosing his ex over you, but I guess to him it feels like he is choosing his kids, I guess if you imagine him sitting down and talking with his kids in this hypothetical situation and saying "I've chosen not to save your mum" that would be a pretty tough conversation. So I think I err slightly towards his view.

I get why it would sting though.

Shoxfordian Wed 29-Jul-20 21:49:41

He might think it but no need to tell you

GetUpAgain Wed 29-Jul-20 21:51:50

Depends how old the kids are. If they are in their 30s its very different to if they are toddlers!! Assuming they are young, I think he has the right attitude. Sorry.

nj32 Wed 29-Jul-20 23:15:09

Thanks for the replies, primary school age. Yeahmetoo that was what was mentioned before how could he tell the kids.
It does feel a bit like he is choosing his ex but will try not to let my insecurities get the better of me.

OP’s posts: |
Lovingyou Wed 29-Jul-20 23:19:55

In all honesty, I think it's a daft and unfair question to ask anyone.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in