Talk

Advanced search

Friend moves to another city- gift advice needed!

(4 Posts)
FearlessSwiftie Mon 27-Jul-20 08:14:15

My best male friend is moving to another city in 2 weeks. This was a very spontaneous decision made out of his personal reasons, and while saying goodbye for me will be kind of very-very sad, I still want to prepare a nice gift for him. Just to cheer him up a little bit, you know, because he also feels a little bit down because of leaving our city. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, he is in love with Italian football teams, ice hockey, loves gaming (which I don't know much about) and just started learning photography 2 months ago. He's got a camera so I though maybe a camera bag would do?? But it doesn't seem to be a really heartfelt present. Any ideas will help!

OP’s posts: |
mdh2020 Mon 27-Jul-20 08:56:45

There are too many different types of camera bag so I don’t think that’s a good idea. Maybe a book about photography or book of photographs by a famous photographer. Perhaps a multi frame so he can put some of his photos on the wall? Or maybe something only indirectly linked to his hobbies like a travel mug that will keep coffee hot while he is out and about.

Streamingbannersofdawn Mon 27-Jul-20 09:10:47

My husband is into photography and books are always a hit. Anything on light and exposure.

He has a book called "Perfect Exposure" by Michael Freeman which is good.

Gaming T-shirts go down well here as well.

Sweetener12 Mon 27-Jul-20 09:35:30

Camera bag is a huge NO because you have to know the size of the camera and his favorite style and his tastes too well. Maybe get him a subscription to a photo editor with tutorials and learning guides? Something like Photoworks, probably? You didnt mention the budget but I think it can fit. Or a book devoted to photography like Streamingbanners had mentioned, it's also a good idea. I'd suggest getting an e-version though, because not everyone likes printed versions. You can also get him a calendar with his favorite team, just find the photos in the decent quality and compose them into the calendar via the calendar making software (there are many of them, but I usually use this one- photo-calendar-software.com/ ). As for the gaming, maybe get him something related to his favorite games? Many stores offer a "merch" for the most popular stuff. A tee would also do.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in