Talk

Advanced search

Passive aggression

(9 Posts)
littlebirdieblue Sat 18-Jul-20 19:01:53

I 'met' a guy last weekend on a dating app, chatted on WhatsApp on and off this week, a couple of phone chats. Then on Wednesday we arranged a date for tonight. I didn't hear anything yesterday, so sent a message this morning about 11 asking if we were still on for tonight, didn't hear anything, message showed as unread when I checked about 5.
I should mention that a couple of times he said he would call me and didn't, no problem really as we hadn't even met yet.
I went on the dating site earlier, he was online, but still my message was unread. No biggie, I took this to mean he wasn't interested anymore. So deleted him off my phone. Now I've just received a WhatsApp message saying 'My mother has been taken to hospital I'm slightly busy' that's it nothing else. Is this weird to anyone else? Or am I being silly? I don't know what to reply either.

OP’s posts: |
littlebirdieblue Sat 18-Jul-20 19:04:48

When I say he said he would call me and didn't, I mean I'm the week not today

NearlyGranny Sat 18-Jul-20 19:08:25

No need for snark, was there? 'Slightly busy ' 🙄

I suggest you be very busy - much too busy to wait around to see if he follows up any better on his future promises!

BlackAmericanoNoSugar Sat 18-Jul-20 19:12:14

I would outwardly take that at face value but actually assume that it's a test to see how easily you might be manipulated. So reply something neutral like "Sorry to hear that, I wish her well." but then don't reply to further messages. Or don't reply at all and block him.

littlebirdieblue Sat 18-Jul-20 19:19:11

Thanks I'm glad it wasn't just me seeing it as snarky.

I've replied as suggested.

Tryalittletenderness Sat 18-Jul-20 19:57:48

Nah, I met a guy like this too. Happy for me to waiting around on the back burner, my WhatsApp messages unread & not replied to whilst he was online on the dating app. Don’t let him waste your time.

MarkRuffaloCrumble Sat 18-Jul-20 20:21:28

Nah, I’d assume that’s a lie and he’s a twat, sorry! In the tiny minuscule event that this isn’t a lie, there’s still no need for the “slightly busy” - a decent person would have said “oh sorry, I should have let you know I’d have to cancel due to a family emergency” or something. Delete/block/move on.

littlebirdieblue Sat 18-Jul-20 20:37:27

It is interesting that he added that 'slightly busy', as the only message I sent was in the morning saying 'hi are we still on for tonight?' When I realised he was on the dating app I deleted our messages and blocked him, then deleted him off my contacts, which my friend pointed out to me, would mean my profile pic would disappear. I think now he was pissed that I did those things, hence the snarky message.

littlebirdieblue Sat 18-Jul-20 20:40:52

When I say I deleted the messages and blocked him I mean on the dating app

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in