Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Unsupportive DH

(12 Posts)
NearlyChristmas Fri 28-Sep-07 22:08:44

I am sure I am not being unreasonable here but I would like some opinions.

I am a registered nurse but last year decided that nursing is not what I want to do for the rest of my working days, I want a complete change in career.

So I researched a few things and I came across Social work which interested me but to a higher scale, evil ruling.

I have thought long and hard about this and I think "Evil Ruler" is the way to go. I feel I have all the skills and experience neccessary.

So I looked into it and although there are no college/uni courses as such I did find lots of sites online detailing black magic and dictatorship which came in useful.

DH on the other hand is so unsupportive, he thinks I'm being ridiculous and just laughs everytime I mention it. I have even considered becoming a warlord but he just scoffs at it all.

Should I just give it all up and go back to nursing to please DH or follow my dream of ruling the world?

mistypeaks Fri 28-Sep-07 22:19:08

Follow your dream and when you become evil incarnate - fireball his ass!!!

mistypeaks Fri 28-Sep-07 22:20:25

(yes whatever you post - you will always find someone daft or bored enough to reply!!!)

collision Fri 28-Sep-07 22:22:07

hmm

Anniegetyourgun Sat 29-Sep-07 01:39:48

"If I were a filthy dictator" used to be one of my mother's favourite games. Because you're filthy, you see, you don't have to worry at all about pleasing people. You can do stuff like, for example, stringing up people by their thumbs for writing "Xmas", or burning down any shop that puts up decorations before 1 December.

Saturn74 Sat 29-Sep-07 01:54:44

I'd strongly advise you to climb every mountain.
Ford every stream.
Follow every rainbow.
And shit like that.

Saturn74 Sat 29-Sep-07 13:46:15

Have you made your mind up?
Or did you lose it? grin

fireflyfairy2 Sat 29-Sep-07 13:53:05

I hear Boden have black cloaks with 20% off today only.

One of those are essential for an Evil Ruler!

Strike your unsupportive dh down as soon as you have been to your signing up session... surely once you register you know everything.....

RubyRioja Sat 29-Sep-07 14:07:02

Do you have anyone who could act as your mentor to compensate for you unsupportive DH?

NearlyChristmas Sat 29-Sep-07 15:56:36

Thank you for the advice.

I purchased a wand online, apparantly it has been modelled on Heroine Granger's wand so it must be pretty good. Not a bad price either, can't do much with it though, it just lights up and does funny noises. I assume I have to put a spell on it first but I will teach myself all that with the aid of witchcraft online.

As for the cloak, I actually managed to get one fo free...it's off an old Darth Vader costume but it fits perfectly.

Me and DH had a big row last night after I posted this, he said some pretty nasty things and I told him that if he struck me down, I would become more powerful than he could possibly imagine. He just shook his head at me and said I needed to see a doctor.

I will not give up though, I will fight and I will learn and one day, the world will be mine.

If only DH would support me sad

dizietsma Sat 29-Sep-07 16:32:11

Like this?

RubyRioja Sun 30-Sep-07 09:36:08

I think your DH has to recognise that you are needed for the greater good, and mere mortals such as himself need to worship you appropriately.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now