Talk

Advanced search

Is it OK to ignore him.

(12 Posts)
Captnip500 Wed 08-Jul-20 11:51:04

I was seeing a guy casually, on and off, for about 6 months. It was soon after a breakup and I was in a bit of a state emotionally. He wasn’t the best, I fancied him by didn’t want anything serious and over time I realised he was a bit of a strange character, he could be aggressive and possibly had some mental health issues (no judgement, so have I). I ended it, telling him that I wasn’t over my ex (true) and I thought he was getting to attached to me and I didn’t want to hurt him (also true).

That’s was 2.5 years ago and he still texts me now and again. If I answer and engage with it it usually ends up in him asking me to go over. Which I never do.

I don’t want to be rude to him because I don’t think he is a bad guy but I have no interest in talking to him. I don’t want to give him false hope because I think he still wants things to carry on, and I juts don’t want that. I have had a great deal of other things happening in my life recently including deaths In my family, close family members in hospital and being ill myself. The last thing that I want to be doing is texting someone I used to to shag two years ago! Sorry if that sounds harsh.

I have tried phasing the texts out gradually and only replying to every other one but he never seems to take the hint. It goes against my nature to just ignore someone but I don’t want this anymore.

OP’s posts: |
WhiteVixen Wed 08-Jul-20 11:54:28

Just block his number and be done with it.

Tlollj Wed 08-Jul-20 11:55:32

Just ignore it 🤷‍♀️

PumpkinP Wed 08-Jul-20 11:58:23

Isn’t the obvious answer to just block him?

Captnip500 Wed 08-Jul-20 12:49:15

Thanks for the replies. I know I should just block him but I think I am too nice to people and I feel a bit bad about it.

SoulofanAggron Wed 08-Jul-20 13:42:18

I would block him. I had someone I was seeing at one point do this, and it was really annoying. He wouldn't get the hint. His insistence when it was clear I wasn't up for it, felt like pressure.

username9098658 Wed 08-Jul-20 16:09:30

Definitely block I wouldn't feel bad for it either after two years

HollowTalk Wed 08-Jul-20 16:13:29

If I answer and engage with it it usually ends up in him asking me to go over.

He just fancies a shag and thinks you'll oblige. Block him. You don't owe him anything - this is how he thinks of you, so why would you try to be kind to him?

Captnip500 Thu 09-Jul-20 02:42:22

HollowTalk

*If I answer and engage with it it usually ends up in him asking me to go over.*

He just fancies a shag and thinks you'll oblige. Block him. You don't owe him anything - this is how he thinks of you, so why would you try to be kind to him?

Well in fairness HollowTalk, for the few months we knew each other, it was me who looking for a shag and him who obliged grin. So I can’t blame him for inviting me over for sex, because that’s all we ever used to do and at the time that suited me.

It’s the length of time he is still pestering each thats doing my head in. I think part of it might be that I mentioned not being over my ex when’s I ended it. I think he might be hoping that I am over him now, I am too, but I don’t want to go back there again.

Thanks again for the advice and you are right, I need to be cruel to be kind here and just block him as he won’t take the hint. Soulofanaggron I know what you mean, persistence to this extent does feel like pressure.

Captnip500 Thu 09-Jul-20 02:42:25

HollowTalk

*If I answer and engage with it it usually ends up in him asking me to go over.*

Well in fairness HollowTalk, for the few months we knew each other, it was me who looking for a shag and him who obliged grin. So I can’t blame him for inviting me over for sex, because that’s all we ever used to do and at the time that suited me.

It’s the length of time he is still pestering each thats doing my head in. I think part of it might be that I mentioned not being over my ex when’s I ended it. I think he might be hoping that I am over him now, I am too, but I don’t want to go back there again.

Thanks again for the advice and you are right, I need to be cruel to be kind here and just block him as he won’t take the hint. Soulofanaggron I know what you mean, persistence to this extent does feel like pressure.

BitOfFun Thu 09-Jul-20 02:55:47

Can't you just tell him you've moved on and wish him well?

Jullyria Thu 09-Jul-20 03:04:45

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in