Talk

Advanced search

Communicating feelings - how do you show your partner that you want/ desire them?

(5 Posts)
Strawberryandicecream Tue 07-Jul-20 22:31:07

Partner and I have been having a few niggly rows lately. I've shared some concerns of mine, and partner has too - in their case that although I give regular compliments, am considerate, etc, it doesn't always if ever come across as that I physically desire them and this is making my partner feel uncertain and maybe even a little insecure.

I'm not sure how to communicate this other than what I already do, just wondering how others would approach this issue? We are not dirty talk kind of people, both find that kind of cringy, likewise sexting and that stuff, partner definitely doesn't want any of that. I thought being complimentary, expressing how attracted I am to partner (I really am, both physically and mentally, and have been from the first moment we met many years ago now). I'd just like to try and resolve this if possible.

OP’s posts: |
Crystalspider Tue 07-Jul-20 22:44:12

Tell him what you said in your post * both physically and mentally, and have been from the first moment we met many years*

Also it doesn't always have to be said with words, are you affectionate towards him? Random kisses/hugs, a smile can go a long way.

Strawberryandicecream Tue 07-Jul-20 23:28:45

I definitely do random kisses and hugs but I think maybe these come across as caring rather than sexual? Or maybe I don't do them often enough.

OP’s posts: |
Persiaclementine Wed 08-Jul-20 04:33:10

I think if you do kiss him randomly,think about what your hands are doing, if you caress someone,on their back neck,chest ect then its becomes more of a sexual kiss than a caring one if that makes sence

Anothernick Wed 08-Jul-20 07:36:47

Touching is a good way of indicating desire, start with a cuddle and then move your hands towards a more intimate area. But surely he would like to be told directly that you want him? Being told this is a great ego booster and stimulates arousal.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in