Talk

Advanced search

anyone scare of committing?

(4 Posts)
Rainydayss Sun 05-Jul-20 16:12:12

After a shambolic marriage and post divorce I have been happily single. However I have a FWB who I used to be in relationship with last year, we split up as it was too soon after my marriage. However a year later and we are still seeing each other on a more casual basis, he wants us to be a couple and I know he would treat me right, he is kind, caring and we get on great. So what am I scared of?
Why does the thought of having a man to consider and share my life with make me on edge?

OP’s posts: |
Redleathertrousers Sun 05-Jul-20 20:26:56

Because you lose an element of your freedom. You have to be more considerate of them and their wants/needs, you can't see other people (you may not want to but having the option feels nice).

Rainydayss Sun 05-Jul-20 23:17:22

Yes I think that part of it, I feel like I want to be purely selfish. I always seen to emotionally carry the men I've been with, including the exDH and I haven't the energy to do that again

OP’s posts: |
Closetbeanmuncher Mon 06-Jul-20 00:12:07

I always seen to emotionally carry the men I've been with, including the exDH and I haven't the energy to do that again

Snap!

I think there's always that fear of choosing the wrong person, or getting so far down the line then deciding it's not for you.

I definitely also agree with the losing your freedom element. Sometimes relationships can just be an extra layer of complication in life, particularly when you're used to carrying people.

There's no rush OP, move at a pace you're comfortable with.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in