Talk

Advanced search

Loving alone time.

(7 Posts)
kateshair Thu 02-Jul-20 22:02:30

Just pondering on how much I actually enjoy time just spent on my own. I used to be the opposite hated being alone now it seems to be my best time.
I’ve got a partner who I adore and children have a busy job so I have loads of interaction. Find though if I don’t get my time alone I’m more irritable.
Do others feel like this ?

OP’s posts: |
NoMoreDickheads Thu 02-Jul-20 22:07:41

Yes, a lot of people do. I absolutely love my own space and would never live with someone now for that reason. I know not everyone's like that though.

Is your partner understanding of your need to have some time to yourself to chill out?

Fishfingersandwichplease Thu 02-Jul-20 22:10:43

Yep!! I left work early today and drove the opposite direction to home so l could sit in my car in the possing rain just for some time to myself!! Might do the same tomorrow!!

felixowl Thu 02-Jul-20 23:43:26

Yes I have always done similar to fishfingersanetc. I thought it normal. Especially if there was something on Radio 4 I wanted to hear.
Drive to Macdonalds pick up a coffee, sit in a carpark.
Resume life after program.

Damnloginpopup Fri 03-Jul-20 07:54:53

Loving it. Pity the beach isn't at the end of my garden though 😁

Sunshineandflipflops Fri 03-Jul-20 09:08:39

Yes! My bf lived with me and my dc over lockdown (so 3 months) and he moved out last weekend. I am loving having my space back - both on my own and with just me and the kids! I love my bf but I have got used to my own space since separating from dc's dad and didn't realise quite how important it was to me.

I have no desire to cohabit again and luckily my bf feels the same.

NotaCoolMum Sat 04-Jul-20 09:00:14

Yes!!! I wouldn’t trade my partner or son for the world but I do enjoy my own company! It’s perfectly healthy! 😍

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in