Talk

Advanced search

No Support

(5 Posts)
sunnyweek Wed 24-Jun-20 18:18:21

I'm just wondering what people do on tough days when they don't have a partner to support them.

I'm single ( dumped a while ago), I've had a tough day at work and I'm under stress with family stuff. I don't want to keep involving friends in my problems.

It would be nice to have someone who could give me a hug ... make me tea or even a cup of tea. I'm trying to be proactive about meeting someone but until then any advice? Thanks

OP’s posts: |
Crystalspider Wed 24-Jun-20 18:31:41

Try and appreciate things like watching whatever you feel like, eating what you want, have a bath and pamper night, write or think of future goals, message friends but doesn't have to be about your problems just a check in message to feel better.

Bunnymumy Wed 24-Jun-20 18:33:53

Hmm maybe its just that I like my own space and am used to being single (haha depressing thought) but I dont really think about these things. At least not more than fleetingly.

I make my own tea and stick in some Netflix and forget the bad day as best I can. It never really occurs to me that I need to share it with someone to get over it. Bar the occasional vent to my poor old ma or a pal.

I just kinda switch off and vegatate lol.
And if I hate my job I quit and find another xD

Not that my life is a great goal but...i think maybe take a leaf out of my book there in that you need to learn to be happy in your own company and how to self soothe. Otherwise you'll settle for less in a partner than you should, just for company.

sunnyweek Wed 24-Jun-20 19:11:09

Thanks for the replies - much appreciated. I probably sound like I am dependant on having a partner. Actually I've always been very independent and like my own company. I'm just having a bad week.

OP’s posts: |
Bunnymumy Wed 24-Jun-20 22:03:38

We all have them!
Chances are you would come home sometimes and want some space though after a bad week if you HAD a partner though. Swings and roundabouts lol.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in