Talk

Advanced search

Love after 40

(23 Posts)
onceuponacovid Mon 15-Jun-20 23:00:25

Just that really.

Wondered if anyone had any positive stories about finding love after 40

I've been single for a few years now, online dating just gave me a few headaches and right now it seems pointless to even try online

I'm not sure if it's lockdown blues or if I'll ever just find love.

I do have an active life, friends, work. I don't need a man but I would like to share my life with someone.

So any positive stories please 👍🏻

OP’s posts: |
Mintychoc1 Mon 15-Jun-20 23:15:21

Me!

Online dating, met aged 47, together 4 years so far. It’s great.

onceuponacovid Mon 15-Jun-20 23:54:53

@Mintychoc1 amazing, thank you. Did you try online dating for long before you met him?

Mum4Fergus Mon 15-Jun-20 23:58:21

Me! Had DS when I was 41...split from his Dad 4 years later...met someone online a year later, and it's our 2 year wedding anniversary next month.

BiblioX Tue 16-Jun-20 06:10:50

My Mum met her soulmate aged 58 and riddled with cancer. They were utterly in love and had a few really happy years together before she passed away.

Sliceofplumpudding Tue 16-Jun-20 07:04:57

I am 45 and met DP online 18 months ago. Not a dating app, a forum with a shared interest in anthropology (nerds!).
Met in person at a conference last September (halcyon days when people were allowed to drink tea together).
He phoned and asked me out either but I suggested keeping it on a friends level as there is a big age gap (he is 30)...I was very attracted to him but I was a bit worried about what people might think and how I looked naked!
Finally gave into temptation at Christmas smile and things are going brilliantly.

mellowww Tue 16-Jun-20 07:39:53

Yes lots of friends met and had 4 kids by 45! Yes of course. Love is love, at any age.

Mintychoc1 Tue 16-Jun-20 07:48:54

OP I got lucky, I met my partner on my first online date.

Bathbedandbeyond Tue 16-Jun-20 08:13:44

Can I join, I’m 39 (almost 40) grin came out of long term marriage not planning to meet anyone, fell madly in love and I’m planning my future with him. It happens at the most unexpected time.

forumdonkey Tue 16-Jun-20 09:40:15

Me, met when I was 47 and I've never been happier three and a half years later.

onceuponacovid Tue 16-Jun-20 09:47:09

There are so many amazing stories here, thank you for giving me hope.

Can I ask, if you met on online dating how long did you try with online dating

If you met elsewhere, where?

I do worry that there are so many men out there just wanting quick hookups or to use you for sex. It's hard to filter through them all and can become demotivating

PinkMonkeyBird Tue 16-Jun-20 09:48:17

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/relationships/3938233-Meeting-someone-after-50?pg=2

More views on this thread which was discussed yesterday.

okiedokieme Tue 16-Jun-20 09:51:20

Me. Met dp at 46 following break up from long marriage. Amazing!

okiedokieme Tue 16-Jun-20 09:52:42

I was old for 4 months before I met dp, he had only been on it for 2 weeks

GaraMedouar Tue 16-Jun-20 09:58:10

Fingers crossed for me too. I’m early fifties and been single 4 years. Haven’t spoken to a man for 4 years practically - life as a single mum consists of chatting to mum friends , working full time and supermarket shopping! Still gearing up to OLD - friends think I should but I’m dithering. Would love to meet someone though , particularly as kids getting older and I now have a babysitter (16 year old DS) available for youngest, if I ever went on a date.

Windyatthebeach Tue 16-Jun-20 11:06:33

Met dh in a bar. Total strangers.. I was 42, he was 31.
Married 5 years next month and had a dc a year before the wedding!

MaidenMotherCrone Tue 16-Jun-20 11:21:47

I met my DH on Match on the first day I signed up. I was 46 he was 44. 6 years together, married for 2 this month.

onceuponacovid Tue 16-Jun-20 11:36:00

I love that @Windyatthebeach the old ways are always the best - meeting in a pub

I keep thinking about joining match @MaidenMotherCrone

Oh wow @okiedokieme I'm so pleased you found him. Was it just tinder/bumble you found him. I hope you don't mind me asking

onceuponacovid Tue 16-Jun-20 11:36:54

Fingers crossed for you too @GaraMedouar try one dating app and see how it goes

GaraMedouar Tue 16-Jun-20 13:02:59

@onceuponacovid - I will do I think when lockdown lifted. I’ve only got a work phone at the mo. I need to get my own phone - don’t want work to see me uploading dating apps grin .

Needtogetbackinthesack Tue 16-Jun-20 19:01:34

I'm not quite 40 (36) but fairly recently met a lovely 41 yo on tinder. I've been single 10 months, he's been single 3 years. I had been on tinder for a couple of months, chatted to a few people casually but not really interested in any of them then one day just before lockdown had a match and knew from the second he knocked on my door for a socially distanced walk that he was going to be something special. Obviously we are only a couple of months in but it's going well and if it doesn't last forever then so be it, but it's good while it's lasting. First and only online date.

onceuponacovid Tue 16-Jun-20 19:19:26

I wish I could be that lucky @Needtogetbackinthesack sounds great. Bet you are looking forward to spending more time together

Tdaadfb100 Tue 16-Jun-20 19:43:58

My Dad died 3 years ago and my Mum has had a new BF for nearly years. She was 75 years old .. and told me she ‘feels like a teenager again’. She was like a giddy girl in love and I’m so happy for her .. and a little bit jealous.
It’s never too late for love!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in