Talk

Advanced search

Going to leave, need advice and reassurance

(2 Posts)
Mamtotwo Fri 12-Jun-20 19:06:50

Hi. So as the title suggests, I am done with my relationship. 10years 2kids and moved with him away from my family. After we moved a few years ago things started going downhill. He's not particularly horrible or abusive or anything. But the affection stopped. He is only interested in sex and wants that a lot. But I have lost all interest. Because he works nearly all day most days then instead of coming home most nights he will have drinks so comes home super late. We used to he really lovey lovey but nothing at all now. Get in to bed and we just roll over and go to sleep. No kiss or hug or even and I love you. I can't remember the last time he said anything nice to me or a compliment. He's become rubbish with the kids, spends hours on the ps4 or gaming on his phone (mid 30s not a kid!) but never plays with the kids anymore and has short temper with them. We never have date nights despite my asking, as I mentioned he drinks with work mates or sometimes his brother but can never make time to do something with me. I feel really sad about it all. It has been like this for a long time so I have come to terms with the fact I need to end it. I am really miserable, and now it's starting to affect the kids. I just am sad that its come to this and sad for the kids.
I have been putting off ending it because I need to save money to move back nearer to family and will need to buy furniture etc (because I know he will be unreasonable and want to keep a lot of stuff) as well as buying new school uniforms and fees for renting a place etc. But it's taking too long and I cannot do this anymore. I need to do this soon. But I have barely any money saved and family wont be able to help. I am thinking my only option is to take out a loan or credit card. I have never done this before. Does anyone know what one I would be best off getting? Would need a couple of grand I estimate. I am so miserable. Need to do this. If you read this far, thank you so much. I know it's long but I am feeling desperate now. I appreciate your input!

OP’s posts: |
recycledteenager24 Fri 12-Jun-20 22:02:20

zero interest credit card perhaps? good for you making the break though. dh or dp that can change things.
your life is important as is that of your dc and you can do this, you might struggle for awhile but your life isn't that great now is it ? take each day at a time and in time you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in