Talk

Advanced search

Feel stuck in a miserable marriage

(3 Posts)
SallyA84 Thu 11-Jun-20 23:16:02

Hello, I was hoping someone might be able to offer me some advice. My relationship with my husband has got to the point of no return and I want to leave him but I don’t know if I can. Our landlord has given us notice and I can’t bear the thought of signing up somewhere for another year together. I’m a sahm to a preschooler and we have hardly any savings so I’d come away with nothing. Am I stuck until my son starts school and I can find work? Obviously with the pandemic too it makes it extra difficult to find a job/childcare. Has anyone else found themselves in a similar situation? What did you do?

Thank you for reading

OP’s posts: |
Crystalspider Thu 11-Jun-20 23:22:51

Depends how unbearable it is, I would probably think the most sensible way would be find a new contract, start a new job for security then ask him to leave you can then apply for univerial credit to help with rent that goes directly to you not the landlord.
It may be much harder to find a new place without a job.

SallyA84 Thu 11-Jun-20 23:31:32

Thank you, I hadn’t thought about asking him to leave, assumed I’d have to (taking son with me of course). We do our own thing most of the time but I really don’t want to be intimate with him

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in