Talk

Advanced search

Advice on what to do.

(9 Posts)
Gfhbvssevv1 Thu 11-Jun-20 15:49:00

I wasn’t sure where to put this. I’ll try to keep it as brief as possible. Over Christmas time I met someone online, there were lots of feelings Involved but things never got off the ground. Fast forward to last Sunday and this person contacted me for just a quick chit chat then they deleted their online account. I am a medium and instantly sensed that this person wasn’t themselves and that they weren’t ok but I try not to pry. Since Sunday this person has been playing on my mind. I still have the phone number and just wondered if I should drop a text to say they didn’t seem themselves, that I was still around if they needed anything and to take care of themselves. I’m unsure if I would be doing the right thing by texting. What would you do?

OP’s posts: |
ActuallyItsEugene Thu 11-Jun-20 15:53:31

A really lighthearted, aloof message should be fine.

I wouldn't say you can sense something is off though - it sounds a bit odd for someone you don't know in real life.

Leave it open and breezy.

Gfhbvssevv1 Thu 11-Jun-20 15:55:59

Sorry, I should of made it clear that we had met and connected and gotten quite close. Things just got in the way at the time.

ShouldISurrogate Thu 11-Jun-20 15:59:37

Was it online dating? Any chance he’s maybe seeing someone but misses you so decided to reach out before realising it wasn’t right and deleting his account?

Sharkyfan Thu 11-Jun-20 16:06:03

If you’re a medium don’t you have a sense of what you should do?

Gfhbvssevv1 Thu 11-Jun-20 16:32:02

Sharkyfan it’s always harder when it’s for yourself as your own emotions and ego can get in the way of a clear message.

Shouldisurrogate that could well be the case and this is why I’m unsure about a text as I don’t want to get in the way of anything. It would literally be a care message if you know what I mean.

Lynda07 Thu 11-Jun-20 16:34:00

I don't think you should do anything.

NoMoreDickheads Thu 11-Jun-20 17:50:58

You could txt and ask if they are ok. I wouldn't go on about being a medium etc and that's why you contacted them in the txt, as not everyone's into that.

Gfhbvssevv1 Thu 11-Jun-20 18:52:50

NoMoreDickheads no I agree. I don’t want to seem like I know something and he has to tell me sort of thing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in