Talk

Advanced search

Online dating. What sites?

(6 Posts)
friendlyflicka Thu 04-Jun-20 18:54:49

I am a bit on/off about dating. Get energy deficit fairly quickly! I used Match for a while and then moved onto Guardian Soulmates. Much preferred this, even though, living in the sticks, there was less choice. This site is closing at the end of June. I wondered how to replace it. I don't want to go back to Match.

Has anyone used Eharmony? Is it markedly better (since it is markedly more expensive)? I am not sure that I am a swiper. Find the whole treating people as commodities a bit difficult to digest although I realise it is the only way to proceed. Would just rather it was a bit more humane.

This isn't because I am constantly rejected. My profile is fine. I would just rather keep the process a bit more traditional, which is I suppose why I preferred Soulmates...

OP’s posts: |
LilMissRe Thu 04-Jun-20 19:32:33

I've tried them all apart from Elite singles
They're all pretty much the same if I'm honest
E-harmony- expensive, and the guys that I matched with weren't really my type at all and lived hundreds of miles away. You find that men on this site are more likely to be short, bald, old, traditional values and probably more introvert than extrovert. This is only through my experience and not a generalisation.

Have you tried muddy matches? More country folk on there.
My single friend?
Classic FM? large radio station that has affiliates in other genres like planet rock.
I'v tried them all and Guardians was pretty good- I'm gutted they're closing. I'm still with them until the end of the month.

I will say that I have seen the same profile pop up on most sites and are recycled so it feels like it is a numbers game. Sad I know sad

Freefalling123 Thu 04-Jun-20 19:38:14

Hinge
Easy to use and plenty of men smile
Met Mr Right on there 5 months ago - obvs the last few weeks have been a challenge but we are still messaging every day and have enjoyed a couple of social distanced walks (that was hard but good to see him!)

Fairycake2 Thu 04-Jun-20 19:40:19

I'm following this with interest having just deleted POF and tinder!

friendlyflicka Thu 04-Jun-20 20:57:07

I liked the way they were mostly able to punctuate on the Guardian. Yes, there were all the bread-making cliches, but the men were more polite and civilised.

I might just have to join the Ramblers.

I do have country interests and have browsed through Muddy Matches but still find the men a bit too waxed jacket and waders for me....

friendlyflicka Thu 04-Jun-20 20:57:42

Thanks, I will try Hinge

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in