Talk

Advanced search

Mother's Birthday

(3 Posts)
Sweetener12 Mon 01-Jun-20 06:02:58

My mother is a very practical woman which is good for her but it also makes a process of choosing the gift for her to be almost impossible. Usually I give her certificates or subscriptions (fitness boxes, swimming pools, online book sources, painting courses etc) but this year I truly have no idea. I thought about something which wouldn't be that practical but more heartfelt instead, I wanted to digitize and colorize some of the old photos of her and her family but I don't know whether it's a good idea, since I don't know a thing about photoshop and there is not so much time left. Any ideas??

OP’s posts: |
sleepismysuperpower1 Mon 01-Jun-20 10:41:26

I think that sounds like a lovely idea. Colourise.sg will turn the photos to colour for you, you just have to upload them into the website

FearlessSwiftie Tue 02-Jun-20 05:59:22

It's definitely a good idea and there is a bunch of programs that can fix damaged pictures. I use PhotoGlory and Photoworks to restore old photos, you can also bring the colors back, etc.
Also if you think that your DM will consider it useless (I highly doubt that, though!!), you can repair some of her old photos and made a wall calendar with them, like with Shutterfly or Photo Calendar Maker. I think, it would be a good solution if she can't stand gifts she thinks of as useless.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in