Talk

Advanced search

When you don’t live together... dating, sex etc!

(4 Posts)
Flipper1234 Thu 28-May-20 11:16:14

My daughter and her bf have been together nearly two years (they’re 19). So it’s been however many weeks since they’ve seen each other other than a socially distanced walk.

He’s just finished his exams and the plan is for him to come over to our back garden tonight for a socially distanced pizza picnic. I’d love to help her make it romantic... things have been rocky with lockdown, exams etc and I’m hoping they can just chill and enjoy the evening.

Any ideas on setting up the garden? We don’t have masses of cushions for comfy seating... I have some fairy lights but seem to be lacking imagination on how to make it look pretty.

All the articles etc on socially distanced relationships either focus on couples who live together or online dating - not those stuck in the middle!

Also... how long do people think it’ll be before couples who don’t live together can be less than 2 metres apart??!

OP’s posts: |
bigchris Thu 28-May-20 11:33:39

If she doesnt lkve with anyone vulnerable and he doesn't either I'd not be keeping two metres apart to be honest

Oopsiedaisyy Thu 28-May-20 12:43:31

I agree, let them have a snog.

Flipper1234 Thu 28-May-20 18:17:23

Ha I don’t have a problem with them being together, they don’t see anyone else outside the households anyway, but they’re both rule-abusers and won’t risk breaking them!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in