Talk

Advanced search

Constantly ghosted

(4 Posts)
GinIsHappiness Tue 26-May-20 12:24:31

I'm honestly starting to feel like maybe I'm the problem....

Been seeing a guy for about 4 months. We work in the same place, but separately we don't see each other much at work, it's passing in corridors now and then.
Anyway, he's 16yrs older. No kids.
I have a child; he knew before hI asked me out

Everything was going fine, talking and facetimeing for hours, really good connection.
Dates before the lock down, coffee at work if we could.

Drops the bomb - I don't like kids.
No drama, I don't want another one anyway.

So, I ask. What is this?
Casual sex? Or are we dating?
I didn't ask for a relationship, and I' don't want that right now. Just wanted to know if we're only dating each other that's it.

He's not English, so I do believe he might of misunderstood what I mean, but I did try and explain

He tells me I'm asking him to make a decision that he can't right now.:: and ghosts me.

It's been a week, and I haven't messaged.
Why?? Why do they do it?

I don't even know what I'm
Expecting someone to say.
I know I've got to get over it
But I'm so annoyed!

OP’s posts: |
GinIsHappiness Tue 26-May-20 12:25:29

Should probably add

My child's father ghosted me after he was born with no explanation.

This is why I have such an issue

OP’s posts: |
Crystalspider Tue 26-May-20 12:43:57

Looks like it was just something casual in his mind, although you can't always been certain of the direction a relationship of some kind is going in its best to ask men of their intentions before you start anything, sometime they lie but then you would sense their lack of effort/love towards you.

With you child's father I don't know what went on, if the child was planned by both of you? if not then maybe this was something he wasn't ready for.

In future a think take a step back and see how they want to lead things, does it match up to your wants and needs? if you want comittment don't rush anything, don't give them sex when they don't want the same as you.

BluebellForest836 Tue 26-May-20 12:57:29

I’m guessing it was casual for him.

He also told you he doesn’t like kids which probably meant he didn’t want a relationship with you as you have kids

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in