Talk

Advanced search

I need some advice

(2 Posts)
Heartonsleeve23 Tue 26-May-20 08:41:28

Me and my partner just aren’t really getting along. Lockdown is intensifying things, but I’ve realised we’re not really compatible.
We have a 2 year old.
Now my issue comes in that if we decide not to be together anymore, I would want to move back to my hometown. I currently live 200 miles away from my family/parents and close friends.
I moved up here 5 years ago. His parents live here and he grew up around here.

If I was to leave him, I’d move back to my hometown as I don’t really have any ties here, apart from him and my in laws. I do have a couple of friends here, but nothing else. I don’t even have a job as I gave that up when I had my son.

The problem is that he’d be devastated. He is a fantastic dad to our son, despite us not getting on, he does so much for him. They have a lovely relationship and he absolutely adores him. Even me saying I was going to go down to stay with my parents for a week and take DS with us, my partner was really upset, as he said he’d miss him too much.
I know that if I did move 200 miles away, he would hardly ever be able to see his son in that case, let alone bring him up, alongside me.
I know that would ruin him.

I just don’t know what to do. Can anyone help? I feel like I’m trapped 😢

OP’s posts: |
Bedsidetable Tue 26-May-20 09:37:59

I think you need legal advice . I have a colleague who claims that he succeeded in legal action to prevent his ex wife moving away with his child. I Don't know the detail and it may be B.S. but check the legalities and then tackle the emotional side. Write down the pros and cons. Good Luck flowers

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in