Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Untitled

(5 Posts)
adozenroses Wed 19-Sep-07 17:05:39

OK. Not sure what section this belongs in, so I thought I'd put it herehmm

I need some advice. I have been offered a place at Uni(which is worrying in itself as I'll probably be the oldest in the classshock). My dh is also back studying and we have two children. Oldest is in school full-time, and youngest is only three.

My youngest can go to nursery,so he is not a problem really. The thing is, on one of the days, my times mean I will not be able to get oldest from school and there is no after school pick-up service in the school. I have nobody to pick her up and dh couldn't do it either, so I'm thinking Uni is a problem this year, but I feel like I'm giving up. I know I am bothered about going back to study and having to do exams again.

So my question is this;

Do you think I should:
a. Leave uni till next year whe youngest will be in school full-time and an after-school pick-up service may be available then
b. Try and go part-time and maybe the class might change
c. Get a nanny (will a nanny work 2 dys a week)

I am so confused and need an outsiders opinion on this.

Thanks in advance (and I hope you understood my ramblings gringrin

FluffyMummy123 Wed 19-Sep-07 20:27:29

Message withdrawn

Carmenere Wed 19-Sep-07 20:30:05

What about an after-school child minder, my CM collects various kids from local schools and I know that some of them are only one or two days a week.

NDPIsProbablyGoingToHell Wed 19-Sep-07 20:35:04

c. nanny/childminder/extra help if you can afford it

a. if you can't stretch to c)

glitterchick Thu 20-Sep-07 13:46:33

Pity to miss out on uni. At least you do have positive options that will allow you to go to uni.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now