Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

i'm really fed up today!

(8 Posts)
alittleone2 Wed 19-Sep-07 16:50:38

Message withdrawn

michie40 Wed 19-Sep-07 16:56:30

He doesn't sound very nice - Partnerships are meant to be equal in everything - I wouldn't stand for this expecially is he is not treating the kids equally. Please leave before the emotional damage gets to bad.
Sorry but he is being extremely unfair and needs to grow up big time.
Sending you loads of hugs.
You could do a lot better than him.

margoandjerry Wed 19-Sep-07 16:56:54

Wow. Not ignoring that. That's bad. Especially the McDonalds bit.

Ummmm not well placed to advise on relationships but just wanted to say that your feelings are entirely justified.

Hope someone more qualified comes along to advise shortly. x

alittleone2 Wed 19-Sep-07 17:00:19

Message withdrawn

collision Wed 19-Sep-07 17:00:28

what a vile man! I would be steaming and kicking him out if he treated me like that!

you need to put your foot down and you need to share the money! I wouldnt stand for you pay this and I will pay that etc

You are a family unit so you should have a bank account for bills. Keep out £200 each for yourselves for the month, the rest is for living and bills and food etc and anything left could be saved.

You should have a chat about how put down you feel esp in front of SD.

He sounds horrid. Sorry. sad

alittleone2 Wed 19-Sep-07 17:01:33

Message withdrawn

newgirl Wed 19-Sep-07 18:45:22

lots of sympathy for you x

i guess when everyone is feeling happier try to have an honest but not hysterical conversation about money etc so he gets a chance to talk about it too - hopefully you will be able to work out a fairer way for you all

prettyfly1 Wed 19-Sep-07 22:40:23

it sounds in all honesty like moving your daughter to a rented property is a much better idea then watching the wearing down and disrespect of everything her mother is by a selfish man who appears to need a mummy more then a wife. Buying a cat when you are allergic is bordering on cruel. I dont wish to sound strong handed here but your daughter needs a strong and healthy mummy and to be fair you are pretty much single handedly managing four people so two shouldnt be that much harder. I am a single parent and i do know how hard it must be to come back to how lonely and frustrating this life can be but i would rather that any day then deal with what you are. I would suggest relate but if he cant even deal with basic relationship principles i cant imagine its a great idea to ask. All i will say is good luck and huge hugs whatever you decide to do!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now