Talk

Advanced search

Leaving during lockdown

(5 Posts)
namechange34567 Sun 17-May-20 21:25:25

Name changed for this because I am curious... would you leave during lockdown if it carries on for months? Assuming you were considering it but nothing drastic involved (abuse/otherwise as that is completely different).

Be interested to hear from others in this situation. How? Would you stay longer to make things easier?

OP’s posts: |
Lostsoul1979 Sun 17-May-20 21:43:49

I would love to leave my husband but with no family or friends to move in with and not being able to afford rent. I’m feeling trapped.

This situation has made things harder

missingD Sun 17-May-20 22:03:25

Yeah, my partner of 8 years is leaving me in two weeks. She works for an estate agent so has instant access to all the latest properties and has one lined up. Hard to take at the best of times, in the current climate I'm really struggling with it. Cant meet friends/family to discuss etc and while text/zoom is a bit of an answer its nothing compared to a proper chinwag. So I am going to be on my own for the first time in near on 50 years and no one to talk to about it - absolutely dreading the day :-(

namechange34567 Sun 17-May-20 22:08:45

Oh lost, missing, so sorry for you both.
Just wondering how other people are coping with this situation I didn't even think about the boot being on the other foot, so sorry.

It's such a difficult time and who knows how long all of this will go on for. Is everything just on pause for now or what are we supposed to do!

OP’s posts: |
GingerFigs Mon 18-May-20 00:15:11

Shortly before lockdown I was going to tell my long term DP that I thought we should split up. I sat in the same room as him for a few hours while he watched tv and I tried to get the words out. And failed.

And then lockdown. So here we are. He has no idea and I can't bring myself to say anything while this is going on. @missingD I'm sorry that you are on the other side of this but your post makes me think I'm correct in saying nothing at the moment.

In answer to the OP....I am worried about how long this goes on for but while it is I don't have to have "that" conversation. It's awful really, I feel dishonest as we trundle along as if there's nothing wrong. But I can't see how I can leave.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in