Talk

Advanced search

Relationship feeling strained during lockdown. Is it me being moody?

(4 Posts)
Polineast Fri 15-May-20 23:15:46

.Hi. Me and boyfriend are both 24 and been together 9 months. We aren't living together but living at home with our parents. We are both furloughed so are mostly at home.

It's not been over 2 months since we seen each other. Everything seemed happy and loving up until 2 days ago were everything feels strained but I feel it's me being moody. I did come on my period today but I feel over emotional and really strained.

I can't quite put my finger on what feels different. It just feels like i'm in a mood.
For example, I was happy all day yesterday, we had a call at 6pm and he said he had been playing a game with his friends and this girl plays with his friends regularly over speaker. I then snapped and said I wouldnt be happy if he plays with this girl. Rest of the call was fine apart from I started crying about how rubbish everything is.
Ever since, i've just felt moody. I feel like crying all the time.

And little things that wouldnt usually get to me are getting to me.
Like I hadnt heard off him all day until 8pm. Usually i'm fine about this but today I was bubbling to myself 'he's losing interest', 'why is he ignoring me'.
We then rang at 8pm and things just felt off. I told him I had to go for 1 min. And I cried to myself for 5 minutes. Quickly redid my makeup and then acted like everything was fine.
We then had a 'debate' 'argument' (whatever you want to call it). I said I hope we dont have to wait until the end of the year to see family and friends. He said 'well if it takes a year, it takes a year' and then an argument started where he said I was stupid and being selfish for wanting to see family and friends, and I said I don't get why i'm stupid for wanting to see the people close to me.
And I just feel awful. We usually always end with an "i love you" but today it was just 'bye' 'bye'.

I feel absolutely rotten sad
I don't know if it's my period or whether i'm becoming slightly depressed. I'm just sad sad
Don't even know what I want from typing this, just need a rant

OP’s posts: |
Polineast Fri 15-May-20 23:38:12

Anyone?

OP’s posts: |
usernameannonymous Fri 15-May-20 23:54:01

I feel like this with my boyfriend at the moment to be honest, we've been together a year and a half and we're expecting a little one soon smile But our relationship isn't great, and we both live with our parents.
Don't know if it's my hormones but I do definitely feel like he stresses me out more than he helps sad

usernameannonymous Fri 15-May-20 23:57:07

For example, because I'm pregnant, I'm 'vunerable' and really don't want to catch this virus. All he's concerned about is seeing me, and I want to see him too, but he's over an hours drive, neither of us drive. And it's also not allowed! He also works and people are going out and things in his household so for me it's just too risky. He accuses me of not putting in effort to see each other and I'm just like "yeah I haven't put effort in because it isn't allowed!"
Not too long ago he was lecturing me for going to the supermarket when I should be "staying inside protecting our baby", but when it comes to him seeing me, anything goes hmm Strange...

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in