Advanced search

Moving out

(2 Posts)
morethanmeetstheeye Thu 14-May-20 17:36:42

I really need some help/advice

I own a house on a joint mortgage with my husband.

Stupid bastard had an affair last year. Has been 'moving out' since then but it never happens.

Can I move out, rent and then apply to universal credit (as I can't afford to do this otherwise) or will I be told no as I own a house?

He's refusing to leave at the moment.
I feel very stuck and almost trapped in this situation.
He's not violent but he is shouty/sweary and name calls.

OP’s posts: |
longtimecomin Thu 14-May-20 17:59:18

You have my sympathy op, you really really need to see a solicitor. If he is being abusive towards you (not all abuse is physical) you can involve the police. Name calling threatening etc falls under coercive control. I was in a similar situation to you a few months back. My soul feels at peace now he's gone. You need to move heaven and earth to get him out, you owe it to yourself. If you leave him you might end up with a smaller stake in the house, some solicitors offer half hour free advice.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in