Talk

Advanced search

Thoughts on this please?

(14 Posts)
Rainbow12e Mon 11-May-20 13:32:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OP’s posts: |
inmyshoos Mon 11-May-20 13:35:54

Could you rent your place out? Could you work from home permanently?
Or alternatively your dp changes the arrangements for child contact to say weekends and holidays?

Fidgety31 Mon 11-May-20 13:36:09

Rent or sell your house and move in with him. Work from (his) home until you can find a new job in your new town .

hellsbellsmelons Mon 11-May-20 13:38:26

Did you leave anything behind 3 hours away?
Apart from your house?
No kids, family or friends???

Rainbow12e Mon 11-May-20 13:39:56

Rainbow12e Mon 11-May-20 13:41:59

moonset Mon 11-May-20 13:53:41

Keep your property and take things as they are what is the rush it's only been a year?

Rainbow12e Mon 11-May-20 14:30:55

12345kbm Mon 11-May-20 15:05:04

Did you meet online?

If you live three hours away and both of you work full time and he has three children, how much time did you spend together before the lockdown?

It sounds to me as though you don't know him very well and are willing to give up your whole life - house, friends, family, job - and move in with him. What compromise is he making here?

I think you need to slow right down and take your time. It's very easy to get rushed into things through infatuation but playing houses during a lockdown for a couple of months doesn't mean this will work full time.

He has a nine year old and you don't have children. How is that going to work? Weekends, holidays, weekends away, money etc he's tied up for at least, the next ten years. Is that what you want?

copycopypaste Mon 11-May-20 15:09:28

Sounds like it's going well op, but don't lose sight of your financial security. Don't sell up and buy with him, if you do make sure you tie up any initial investment legally.

If I were you I'd rent my own home out and see how it goes. He obviously can't move to your area because if the kids so you may end up travelling more so keep that in mind when you discuss financials and various contributions

Rainbow12e Mon 11-May-20 15:26:41

12345kbm Mon 11-May-20 16:46:07

OP, I'm not sure what the point of this post is.

You're obviously delighted with yourself. You are thriving on being a step parent to his younger children, you want to move in with him and you are happy to make all the sacrifices in the relationship.

I wish you all the best.

Musti Mon 11-May-20 17:05:45

Where do your own children live?

If I were you, I'd carry on living in your house half the time. Do your face to face meetings etc and then see each other the other half. This way you keep your own life and independence and your relationship is still fresh and fun when you see each other.

Rainbow12e Mon 11-May-20 17:22:20

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in