Talk

Advanced search

Is this ok?

(9 Posts)
kickedwhenimdown Mon 11-May-20 11:59:05

Am I being unreasonable with being annoyed over this? Partner is a trade person in a family business. He works with his dad and apparently sticks to 2m guidance to do this as advised. He now has said that he needs to go to his parents to do paperwork one evening a week. He used to do this prior to shutdown. Feels this is allowed any perfectly acceptable, he’ll have tea there etc. I’m raging as I feel he’s putting everyone at risk being there, both us and them.

OP’s posts: |
Thighdentitycrisis Mon 11-May-20 12:01:02

I think it’s mixing outdoors not indoors, so no it’s not ok

kickedwhenimdown Mon 11-May-20 14:06:19

Well he’s insisting that he’s going anyway and that he needs to for work, so I don’t get a say in the matter

Wanderlust21 Mon 11-May-20 14:09:49

'Off you pop then, don't come back'

ShambalaHambala Mon 11-May-20 14:11:47

Is it necessary? Will the business suffer I'd he doesn't do this? Is it difficult for him to do from home? I ask these questions because technically he's going to work, and technically he's allowed to. I would be annoyed if he were popping round for a cuppa but this is in line with gov guidelines.

Angel2702 Mon 11-May-20 14:11:49

I think if it is a registered business address for the company he works for he can work there. In the same way nanny’s can attend homes of their clients as it’s their place of work rather than just a home.

kickedwhenimdown Mon 11-May-20 14:17:53

It is the business registered address. He usually goes on a Monday evening to write up quotes for work until about 11pm and combines it with having his tea there

ShambalaHambala Mon 11-May-20 14:18:51

I actually think this is ok OP.

MarieQueenofScots Mon 11-May-20 14:22:13

If it is the registered address for the business and he needs to attend to carry out business practices he can do so provided measures are in place to observe distancing.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in