Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications of anyone posting here. If you need help urgently, please see our domestic violence webguide and/or relationships webguide, which can point you to expert advice and support.

Mother versus husband silent pull

(6 Posts)
bubblyblond Mon 17-Sep-07 13:51:12

I have recently got myself into a problem where my Mum thinks that I should move to a little village where she lives. My husband likes it in town where we are, and the children like their school, however any problem I have and discuss with my mother she attributes to where I live, london being london. I like both places but I cannot imagine uprooting my children.

What do I do?

thegardener Mon 17-Sep-07 14:03:40

I live in the next village to my parents and at times it can be very useful, mostly i would say it is too close, maybe something worth remembering when considering movingwink

chinwag Mon 17-Sep-07 14:04:35

If you like both, but your dh, and children are happy where you are, then I would be inclined to stay there.

Do you think your problems are due to living in London?

titchy Mon 17-Sep-07 14:04:42

What do YOU want? Moving is a big deal, particularly if it involves moving schools. If you as a family (and by family I mean you and dh, and dcs if they're old enough to have a valid opinion) decide a move somewhere quieter would be better then do it. But moving to keep your mother quiet hmm

Drusilla Mon 17-Sep-07 14:04:57

Well, what problems have you been having, how old are your children, do they and your husband know your mother wants you to move to a village? Do you think moving would be a good thing? How old are you? wink Surely you have an opinion on where you live and wouldn't move just because your mum wants you to? Ther are more things to weigh up here than what you mum thinks of London...

Kewcumber Mon 17-Sep-07 14:07:15

it doesn;t sound a difficult decision.

Your Dh doesn't want to move
Children don't sound like they want to move
You would be happy in either place it seems.

Vast majority in favour of staying put. And anyway, moving is the PITS.

You problem is dealing with your mother not where you live (from the brief details you've given)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now