Talk

Advanced search

Will it ever happen?

(9 Posts)
phoebemakesnoise Fri 01-May-20 22:11:39

Hi everyone
I'm 27 and a single mum of 2 lovely kids, ages 5 and 1. Their father is not involved, his own choice. Lockdown is going surprisingly ok for us 3 but naturally, it has highlighted my loneliness and I've noticed that I'm worrying about if I will ever meet anyone, if anyone will ever want to date a single mother. I have a lovely little flat, nice friends, I'm told that I'm attractive and I love to get to know others, etc. I've never been married, and actually, I don't think I've ever been in love. My heart aches a bit every time I see a dad with his babies, or a happily married couple. I would really love all that for myself but try to focus on what I do have and be grateful for that instead. Is there any hope for me?!

OP’s posts: |
CyberNan Fri 01-May-20 22:16:13

don't be ridiculous, of course there is hope... you are 27, not 97...

Jane1978xx Fri 01-May-20 22:51:22

Yes there is hope. Do you have anyone to look after the kids (your mum etx) so you can get out and about or date after lockdown

phoebemakesnoise Fri 01-May-20 23:08:32

Yes, lots of people willing to babysit smile I've never dated since being a mum so it will be interesting for sure. Not sure where to meet people, or if I should even be looking for it or just waiting for it to happen. Oh, I don't know!

TheresGotToBeMoreToLife Fri 01-May-20 23:12:22

I'm exactly the same, 34 with 2 sons and a single mum. Quite happy in my bubble but lonely. Sometimes I feel the same, but I am always reminded that life can change in a heartbeat and i am sure it will for you too.

TheresGotToBeMoreToLife Fri 01-May-20 23:14:44

Oh and a lot of people say wait and love will find you .... I'm not really in that camp. If I wanted a new job or house i wouldn't sit around waiting for it to come to me, i would be proactive and go out looking for it. Why would a relationship be any different?

Maybe a first step is online dating. Even if it goes nowhere at all, you might get an idea of what you do (and definitely don't!) want

StarlightLady Sat 02-May-20 08:17:15

OP - Yes!

And with just a little tweaking, your succinct opening post would make a lovely dating profile and hopefully lead you to someone special. flowers

CodenameVillanelle Sat 02-May-20 08:21:25

To be brutally honest I would wait to date until your youngest is a year or two older. However to answer your question of course you have time and opportunities to find a loving relationship. Just don't rush and don't see it as providing a family for your children. You are their family and they don't need another parent.

phoebemakesnoise Sat 02-May-20 10:11:11

Thanks everyone for the replies smile not looking to date just yet, maybe in the next year or so.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in