Talk

Advanced search

Do you ever feel like screaming??!

(4 Posts)
Satsuma2019 Thu 09-Apr-20 20:40:27

Hi,

I don’t often post but tonight I just feel like venting!

I don’t know if it’s just this lockdown situation or not but I’m starting to get very irritable with DH. He hasn’t really been affected that much by it. He is considered a key worker so has had to go into work while I’m at home working as well as caring for our 3year old daughter as nursery has closed. I appreciate how hard DH works but I don’t feel like he appreciates how difficult it has been at home and I feel like he expects more than he should. For example yesterday I was working from home as well as looking after my 3year old and cooked a decent dinner. Today I was so rushed off my feet and trying to squeeze some work in I expected my DH would at least do the cooking. He said he would stick something on but it never happened. I also asked if he could just keep an eye on our child while I finished up a few bits that I couldn’t finish earlier in the day but every time I looked DD was running riot while he just sat there on his phone.
I don’t like to keep asking for help so by this point I just finished what I was doing as well as keep an eye on our DD and didn’t say anything.
Do you ever just feel like screaming and how do other mums keep their cool when their OHs are being less than helpful?

mamato3lads Thu 09-Apr-20 21:17:12

Tell him!!

RincewindsLostShoe Fri 10-Apr-20 01:11:39

They mostly don't, you need to explain what you need from him BUT he is an adult so it is a concept he should be able to absorb.

You can obviously manage to keep one eye out for your child while you are home, working and managing a meal. Surely he can.bung something in the oven whilst he plays with the wee one for an hour or 2 to let you finish your work?

Candyfloss99 Fri 10-Apr-20 01:13:30

Yep scream at him. He'll hopefully get the message. Alternatively remove yourself from the room so he has to be responsible.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »