Talk

Advanced search

Ying and Yang.

(11 Posts)
hunkyfunkymunky Mon 06-Apr-20 14:14:53

Hi all, I started seeing a new female a few months ago, everything we have is good, except one thing, she started constantly calling me, any time of day or night. It's become that I can't do anything because my phones are always ringing. I was blunt but polite with her, asking her to cut the calls down to a couple per day and the main one about 7pm.
This was OK after my request, but the calls became a nuisance and I had to remind her again. We live about an hour apart and with the lockdown process happening at the moment, she's started to ramp the calls up again, on top of this, I have a disability, which affects me differently each day, sometimes I have little pain, some days, it controls my very being. But, she cannot get it into her head that I have this condition and tells me she has to call to make sure I'm OK, I've thanks her for her concern and asked her again to stop calling, as much as I can go 2-3 days at a time with no or very little sleep and I can just be overtaken by sleep and I just drift off.
Today, is not a bad day pain wise, but I had just over an hours sleep late night (according to my smart watch), I'm not a clock watcher or have to be up and about at a certain time, I'm on permanent sick. So far today, I've had 7 calls, 5 texts and a few emails. The last call woke me up and she started to tell me how the next door neighbours are having more work done on their house, I told her that she'd woken me, I wasn't feeling my best and didn't want to hear or need to know this, it mattered not, she just went blathering on. I wasn't aware, but I'd fallen asleep and a few minutes later, my landline phone started ringing, I got out of the chair and answered it, I was given a blasting for putting the phone down on her, I told her I hadn't, but I was so tired, I'd fallen asleep. "No one falls asleep when I'm talking to them", she shouted, I told her I was sorry, but my body is controlling the shots at the moment and I couldn't help it. I was blasted again and this triggered a response in me. I'm a very patient guy and can bite my tongue for a long time, but this pushed my buttons. She got a mouthful, no swearing or insults, I just told her the situation I was in. I then told her I was putting the phone down and I would call her later.
Following this, the phones have been ringing and the emails and texts are hitting my phone every few minutes. I've unplugged the landline, sent her emails to a different folder and blocked her number to my phone. I cannot turn my mobile off as I'm waiting for a triage call from my doctors for some treatment I need fairly quickly as I have an infection in my leg.
I don't know what to do as we are very good together, but, her behaviour has got me thinking I should give her the boot, concentrate on looking after my leg and my own general health.
Since I started this, my doctor has called me, organised some antibiotics and she's sent me a message, ending the relationship, so, job done.
Fine by me.

lottieloop Mon 06-Apr-20 14:17:19

The hills are that way >>>

You dodged a lunatic here.

hellsbellsmelons Mon 06-Apr-20 15:45:11

Thank fuck for that!
You've dodged a bullet.
She kept stomping all over your boundaries.
Never ever put up with that OP.
Huge red flags here and you managed to ignore them all.
Keep her blocked and do it properly.
Do not respond to anything she might get through to you and ignore all calls.
Block her also on all social media!!!
Do NOT ever try to contact her!

Hadjab Mon 06-Apr-20 15:46:08

A new female what?

Do you mean woman?

hunkyfunkymunky Tue 07-Apr-20 10:00:08

Do you mean woman?

Yes.

hellsbellsmelons Tue 07-Apr-20 10:20:11

Ignore the pedanticness (is that even a word?) of some posters OP.
The majority of us on here know the female is the opposite to male!!!

How are you feeling today?

ElizabethMainwaring Tue 07-Apr-20 10:22:38

Continuing with the pedantry, it's Yin and Yang, not 'ying'.

BackseatCookers Tue 07-Apr-20 12:28:06

I quite liked that you said female because it's given me a reminder to watch Friday Night Dinner grin Martin is genius!

MaeDanvers Tue 07-Apr-20 13:40:06

Well, stay broken up and enjoy the peace.

SpongeBobJudgeyPants Tue 07-Apr-20 13:44:16

Not nice to refer to her as 'female'. Makes it sound like you don't like her very much. But really, this is not a match made in heaven, is it.

hunkyfunkymunky Thu 09-Apr-20 21:29:13

Hi all, I apologise for not being visible for a day or two, I've not been well and under the doctors thumb. I was worried I'd began to suffer the effects of the virus, but so far, I'm free of it and OK.
I also want to apologise to anyone I may have offended by my choice of wording. I didn't want to refer to her as my girlfriend" as I didn't want to label myself, I felt foolish enough as it was.
I've had a few calls from withheld numbers, so I've not answered them and I will not be answering any.

Thank you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »