Talk

Advanced search

Feeling a bit shit today 😕

(12 Posts)
AloneAgainOr Thu 26-Mar-20 11:22:24

Not having a great isolation day today, tbh.

I need to get hold of something that I forgot to pick up before isolation started and so asked the only friend I'd feel comfortable asking for a favour and they've said no because they're a 15 min drive away (fair enough and I've told them it's fine and I'll ask someone closer - except I wont, because there is no one closer to ask) and I've realised this morning that my new 'relationship' of 5 months isn't going to survive the lockdown - I'm not sure it's going to survive this week tbh and it all just feels a bit shit. I'm feeling very alone.

I've been really buoyant for the past few days - got loads done; spend quality time with my children and today I've just woken up in a slump and I can't get out of it or motivate myself to do anything.

Anyone else in the same boat?

nolovelost Thu 26-Mar-20 13:17:46

What was the thing that you forgot to pick up?

Why do you think your relationship won't survive?

BecauseReasons Thu 26-Mar-20 13:19:49

Oh no, OP. flowers for you. Any chance of getting the item delivered?

AloneAgainOr Thu 26-Mar-20 13:58:01

Tbh, we can live without the item in reality but my friend's in laws live near me and I just thought if they were dropping anything off for them... observing good hygiene etc... they could drop it off at the end of my drive for me to pick up...

Tbh, I'm feeling the lack of people who care more than anything.

I keep seeing suggestions for keeping in contact with friends and keeping up with relationships and realise that it doesn't apply to me or any of mine. I dont have anyone to facetime or play online games with.

That's all.

As for my 'relationship', I think the few days distance is making me realise that it won't workout long term - plus, we've both been half heartedly trying to lose half a stone since Christmas- he keeps losing and gaining the same 2 lbs, I lost 4 and then stuck there. He made a comment the other day about me being 2 stone lighter the next time he saw me. I don't think he meant to be unkind but I've put up with being told I'm 'fat' my whole life and comments are about my weight are a bit of a red flag.

I don't have 2 stone to lose.

Besides, he is very nice to me but it feels very much as though he's dating me because he doesn't have a girlfriend at the moment rather than because I'm his girlfriend.

I suppose I was equally happy with the 'companionship' aspect of it before now but I want a proper relationship. And he doesn't know if he likes me enough to put any labels on it yet.

probablysue Thu 26-Mar-20 13:59:35

Yep. Same here

Fairycake2 Thu 26-Mar-20 19:58:03

Have you tried the meet up app? It's designed to help you meet new friends, normally in person but they are doing some online stuff at the moment. Perhaps use this time to forge some new friendships which you can the develop when the world is back to normal

Msloverlover Thu 26-Mar-20 20:07:14

I’ll play an online game with you! Pm me.

lmnoh Thu 26-Mar-20 20:22:08

I've had a meh day too.
Got told that I wasn't needed anymore in my food retail job so don't feel like I have a purpose.
Single mum, 2 primary aged kids who are only nice to each other when the telly is on or when i lose my shit with them. Whilst their dad is sitting in his ivory tower, working from home and is expecting us to keep to the access arrangements.
I don't feel organised enough and am totally stressing out about what I need to do.
I just need a hug from someone who isn't going to snot on my jumper 😔

It must be tough being in a new relationship at this current time and making jokes about sensitive issues isn't cool. Why don't you leave him alone for a few days, easier said than done I know, and see if his chat gets better.

Sending a virtual hug xx

lmnoh Thu 26-Mar-20 20:26:11

That should have said "keep to the usual access arrangements" 🙄 which basically means he had them 2 evenings midweek.
I know this sounds very selfish of me as he'll be working if he has them mid week and I won't be but I'm stressing about never getting a break 😔

wildcherries Thu 26-Mar-20 20:31:57

I'm with you on the shit day. So hugs to you.

MikeUniformMike Thu 26-Mar-20 21:05:45

Tell him you have already lost 15* st (* substitute his weight) of surplus weight.

mamato3lads Thu 26-Mar-20 21:32:11

Think were all feeling it in different ways OP. You're not alone with this at all xx flowers

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »