Talk

Advanced search

This is a red flag isn't it? I'm fuming

(324 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

duckingredflags Wed 12-Feb-20 07:05:27

I have been dating a man who lives close to me for the last couple of months, we are both early 20's. I live at home with parents and he has a flat 10 minutes up the road. He works nights and last night he mentioned he hadn't eaten before work so I offered to drop him some food off from McDonald's at around 10 o'clock as I drive and he doesn't. I turned up with the food and then on my way home I received messages saying I'd got his order wrong and detailing everything I'd got wrong, he'd asked for no ice in his drink and there was ice, I'd got the wrong sauce and his chips were cold. This got my back up as I'd driven all the way there for him and paid for it, so I snapped back that it was ungrateful to be complaining and he messaged back saying 'well, if you got the wrong food served to you in a restaurant and you were looking forward to it you wouldn't be happy would you ? I saw red at this point and responded 'well I'm not a fucking restaurant am i?' You should go yourself next time then. He responded with 'forget it'. I'm seriously considering ending things over this, I'm not being unreasonable and overreacting am I ?

duckingredflags Wed 12-Feb-20 07:07:57

Sorry for the lack of paragraphs, not sure how to Insert them on an iPhone.

Aminuts23 Wed 12-Feb-20 07:08:01

What an ungrateful prick!!! Yes I’d say that’s a red flag. I’d get rid now. Can you imagine behaving that way to someone ever? I couldn’t.

Doggodogington Wed 12-Feb-20 07:08:30

Yep. He was so rude and ungrateful. You are only a few months in so cut your losses and run.

HiyaVera Wed 12-Feb-20 07:09:00

No. What a twat. Life is too short to put up with that shit from anyone.

GreyishDays Wed 12-Feb-20 07:09:25

That’s awful. How can he think that’s an ok way to treat someone?

Please don’t see him again.

TreatMyself Wed 12-Feb-20 07:09:55

Yes I would tell him where to go.

Magpiefeather Wed 12-Feb-20 07:10:34

Yes get rid and be glad he has shown you early on what a knob he can be!

ReturnofSaturn Wed 12-Feb-20 07:10:44

That's absolutely awful, pretty shocking actually. Yes I would end this without a shadow of a doubt.

MyNewBearTotoro Wed 12-Feb-20 07:11:12

If you’d got him a chicken burger instead of a Big Mac or something I’d say he’d be reasonable to point it out, but his complaints are all such petty things I’d definitely take it as a red flag. Imagine what he’d be like if you lived together if he thinks it’s okay to moan like that after you’ve done him an obvious favour - he sounds completely entitled.

I’d be leaving him too.

Elephantonascooter Wed 12-Feb-20 07:11:16

Yea I'd call it a day. He's clearly an ungreatful man child

Tableclothing Wed 12-Feb-20 07:12:02

Yeah, his behaviour will only get worse.

Catting Wed 12-Feb-20 07:13:23

He isn't even trying to be nice, which is shocking for such a new relationship. Ltb.

Sunshinegirl82 Wed 12-Feb-20 07:14:23

You're early 20s and it's only a few months in, it should be fun! I don't think I'd be wasting anymore time on this one. You did a nice thing and he was an arse about it. I wouldn't be impressed.

Sparklfairy Wed 12-Feb-20 07:16:18

If you let him get away with this once he will ALWAYS treat you like this

SmileyClare Wed 12-Feb-20 07:16:21

You're not ending things over a McDonald's as such, you're ending it because he's given you a glimpse of his real self; a self entitled prick.
Imagine going to a restaurant with him! Having a tantrum over some ice cubes and a sauce sachet and talking down to people isn't even acceptable then.

Allcrimps Wed 12-Feb-20 07:16:32

He's a cock. Cut him loose.

MashedSpud Wed 12-Feb-20 07:16:56

He could have shut up and removed the ice himself.

His reaction to the whole thing is a flag redder than Ronnie’s nose.

BruceFoxton Wed 12-Feb-20 07:17:10

Probably lucky he’s shown his true colours relatively soon. Have nothing more to do with this tit.

Shoxfordian Wed 12-Feb-20 07:18:09

He thinks you're deliveroo not his girlfriend
Dump him

EveryFlightBeginsWithAFall Wed 12-Feb-20 07:18:11

You did a nice thing and he acted like a dick about sauce and cold chips. I'd just forget about him

Apolloanddaphne Wed 12-Feb-20 07:18:21

I think he is clearly letting you know he is going to be a picky and ungrateful nightmare. Be thankful you have seen this early in the relationship and dump him.

icelollycraving Wed 12-Feb-20 07:19:48

Get rid. Unless he sends a v grovelly text this morning basically acknowledging he was an utter spoilt brat last night.
In your twenties it should be fun.

lilgreen Wed 12-Feb-20 07:20:31

Yanbu but also he can get his own food. Presumably he survived before he was with you. Try not to run around after men in future.

LatentPhase Wed 12-Feb-20 07:21:12

Yep. Red flag - next!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »