Talk

Advanced search

14 year age gap!! I’m a cougar!

(49 Posts)
Downsidedown Tue 11-Feb-20 18:28:36

On a night out at the weekend, I got chatting to a guy, we really hit it off, even had a bit of a kiss.
We exchanged numbers and have arranged to meet up this week end for dinner and drinks. We’ve been messaging lots the last few days.
I was under the impression he was 28, but during a conversation yesterday, he said no he’s 24. He didn’t lie, I just misheard(as I was a bit drunk!)
Would this be an issue for you ladies? He doesn’t look or act like he’s as young as he is. It’s not an issue for him either and is still keen to meet up.
Would I be daft to go through with this?
Incase it’s relevant, I don’t look 38

Meltedwellie Tue 11-Feb-20 18:33:08

Enjoy yourself and have fun...unless you are hoping to have kids with someone in which case he may not be ready for that. But early days just go with the flow. The age difference itself doesn’t matter as people mature at different rates. One of the most mature people I went out with was 11 years younger than me...and I may have married him 😁

Downsidedown Tue 11-Feb-20 18:48:33

Ah that’s lovely!
Well I already have kids and don’t want anymore. Cross that bridge as and when though

yesterdaystotalsteps123 Tue 11-Feb-20 19:40:32

Just be careful of the messaging lots as you don't know him or what he wants so just be careful not to project. There was a thread about it being a thing with young men nowadays using older women as sexual conquests. Just be aware and go with your gut. It probably won't be long term but not every relationship has to be

Peignoir Tue 11-Feb-20 19:48:07

Try 20 years @Downsidedown. Don't feel bad! There's no harm in playing with a younger man, especially if he's as charming as you say. I slept with a 20 year old when I was 41. Brilliant sex.

Downsidedown Tue 11-Feb-20 19:54:41

From what he’s said, he prefers older women. Just so happens I prefer younger men! Winner

Peignoir Tue 11-Feb-20 20:03:02

Lovely @downsidedown Where are you going for dinner...? The excitement!

Redland12 Tue 11-Feb-20 20:04:41

Mine was 18 years younger than me, met at a Christmas party! Me 61 (not looking at all 61) he was 43. Best night ever! He couldn’t care less at age difference and was puzzled when I bought it up. We both got what we wanted. Amazing sex. It was a great ego boost, I didn’t take it seriously, It was fun and enjoyed every second.

Peignoir Tue 11-Feb-20 20:28:51

Share your secrets @redland12! That's a brilliant ego boost. Age is just a number after all!

BurtonHouse Tue 11-Feb-20 21:23:06

You're only as old as the man you feel.

StarlightLady Wed 12-Feb-20 07:53:21

I’m a little older than you and have done similar, or be done by similar!! wink

Enjoy, have fun and don’t expect it to last for ever.

Redland12 Wed 12-Feb-20 09:41:57

😂😂😂*@Peignoir*! Absolutely! Here’s hoping for a repeat 🙏

Downsidedown Wed 12-Feb-20 10:11:40

Thanks ladies! Was half expecting to be reported to social services for interfering with a minor!
Not sure where we’re going yet. Bit freaked out as it will be Valentine’s Day when we go out! First date on v-day... I’m cringing a bit!

Redland12 Wed 12-Feb-20 10:14:42

Honestly just go with it and enjoy, I must admit on my night I had the devil on one shoulder and angel on the other, I soon got rid of the boring angel and went for it! No regrets.

Downsidedown Wed 12-Feb-20 11:27:14

Love it!!

Peignoir Wed 12-Feb-20 11:45:26

Get your repeat @Redland12. I sure would be! Oh .. sometime you have to shoo shoo the shoulder angel and give in. I've given in quite a few time and I don't regret one moment. Sometimes a younger one created a good distraction ....

Fixedterm Wed 12-Feb-20 11:50:17

I’ve seen a lot of gap relationships/ flings lately. It happens quite often. I say enjoy it, but maybe don’t expect it to be long term - but who knows ?

Redland12 Wed 12-Feb-20 13:34:17

Funny you should say that @Fixedterm i too have heard of (a lot) younger guys wanting to be with an older woman! @Peignoir like you I didn’t regret it. I won’t give it a second thought next time. Long may it last!

wishywashy6 Wed 12-Feb-20 13:41:45

My OH is 10 years younger, it's never been an issue for us
Go enjoy yourself, have no expectations just enjoy it for what it is

Downsidedown Wed 12-Feb-20 15:16:19

Oh I plan to enjoy every minute! He seems very keen too. Don’t think he’s seeing it as just a fling...
Anyone got any ideas for something not-too-mushy to do valentines night? As it’s a first date, I’m feeling a bit weird about the amount of ‘established’ couples about! Haha

Middersweekly Wed 12-Feb-20 16:02:45

If you were a 38yr old man going out with a 24yr old woman I doubt anyone would bat an eyelid. That’s the double standards women live with unfortunately! Go and enjoy yourself. You don’t have to over think it. He obviously likes what he see’s and you’re also attracted to him so why the hell not!

Downsidedown Wed 12-Feb-20 16:04:16

That’s exactly what my friend said!

Downsidedown Fri 14-Feb-20 14:11:02

Tonight’s the night. I’m scared!! Haha

Winter2019 Fri 14-Feb-20 14:41:09

Let us know how it went!

NiceLegsShameAboutTheFace Fri 14-Feb-20 14:55:48

No issue at all. Enjoy. I do it with bigger age gaps smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »