Talk

Advanced search

My Boyfriend is angry I'm going on holiday without him

(291 Posts)
Emilysr194 Fri 24-Jan-20 09:22:22

My boyfriend is a pretty jealous and possessive person, he doesn't like men talking to me. I'm going away for 2 weeks to see my best friend (Female) who is away travelling. My gay best friend (Male) is going with me. Any time i mention the holiday he gets mad, refuses to talk about it, told me i am using all my holiday so i can't go away with him. I invited him along but he couldn't afford it.
Am I the bad guy here or is he being overly jealous? And what do I do?

theweebleshavelanded Fri 24-Jan-20 09:23:19

he is being a first class knob.

Xiaoxiong Fri 24-Jan-20 09:23:27

I only had to read the first line. Run like the wind. This won't get better.

Longtalljosie Fri 24-Jan-20 09:24:22

By the time he’s finished with you, you won’t be allowed any friends. End it now and have a lovely holiday.

Iamthewombat Fri 24-Jan-20 09:25:31

Bin him. As other posters note, he will only get worse if you pander to him.

Butterflyflower1234 Fri 24-Jan-20 09:29:51

Please dump him!! You won't enjoy this trip as you'll be worrying about him back home. You'll spend all your time on the phone texting him to reassure him instead of enjoying the trip.

I know this because I had an arsehole ex like yours. It ruined a trip of a life time.

Why would you want to be in a relationship with a man who is that controlling? Dump him before your trip so you can actually go away and have fun.

BurtonHouse Fri 24-Jan-20 09:32:09

Get rid.

Clangus00 Fri 24-Jan-20 09:34:24

End it. He’s trying to be a controlling arsehole who will only get worse through time.

Babymamamama Fri 24-Jan-20 09:34:34

This is controlling behaviour and will only get worse.

3rdchristmaslucky Fri 24-Jan-20 09:35:09

That's a him problem.

You've got two options here if you want to have a happy life.

Leave him.

Tell him he's being a twat and put him in his place.

RiftGibbon Fri 24-Jan-20 09:36:26

He is being thoroughly ridiculous. End it before you have no friends and no control of your day to day life.

cuckooken Fri 24-Jan-20 09:36:54

My boyfriend is a pretty jealous and possessive person,

Why is he your boyfriend? Sounds like a right prick.

ohfourfoxache Fri 24-Jan-20 09:37:25

Run. Fast.

BlueJava Fri 24-Jan-20 09:37:38

The first line of your post has a couple of big red flags. I think he's showing his true colours, dump him before it gets worse would b my advice.

justilou1 Fri 24-Jan-20 09:38:19

Go without him. Come home without him. Stay without him.... You will be happy without him....

SleepingStandingUp Fri 24-Jan-20 09:38:56

is a pretty jealous and possessive person

Dump. Run. Block.

MabelCloth Fri 24-Jan-20 09:39:28

My boyfriend is a pretty jealous and possessive person, he doesn't like men talking to me

You can’t have a healthy relationship with someone like that. You can’t possibly want to live the rest of your life like that. He will get worse.

If it is a relatively non-serious relationship why would you bother taking it further? If it is serious and he tries to tell you that if you were married he would feel you have committed so would not be so jealous, do not believe him. You would be stepping into a world of coercive control.

His jealousy is his own problem to manage. Not your problem for you to change your plans.

sugarbum Fri 24-Jan-20 09:39:30

LTB

EverybodyLangClegTonight Fri 24-Jan-20 09:39:36

My boyfriend is a pretty jealous and possessive person

The rest is irrelevant. Leave him now. You’ll never be happy until you do.

IdblowJonSnow Fri 24-Jan-20 09:39:51

LTB

Apolloanddaphne Fri 24-Jan-20 09:40:07

Run. Run like the wind.

CallMeOnMyCell Fri 24-Jan-20 09:40:14

Dump him, his controlling behaviour won’t get better.

KatherineJaneway Fri 24-Jan-20 09:43:02

And what do I do?

You dump him. It will only get worse.

Drum2018 Fri 24-Jan-20 09:43:20

What the hell are you doing with someone who is possessive and jealous? Get rid of the bf and go and enjoy your holiday. Don't be another statistic of DV down the line when he inevitably loses it and beats you to a pulp.

Opentooffers Fri 24-Jan-20 09:44:23

No,no,no! - never date a jealous, possessive person. They always stay that way whatever you do. You know he is this, so why be with him at all? It's a huge red flag

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »