Talk

Advanced search

Coming off the pill - attraction

(4 Posts)
WitchesAbroad Tue 14-Jan-20 23:20:02

I came off the pill a few months back due to mood issues. It's helped as I've been more confident, assertive and generally feel more 'me'. That said I've found a real change in who I'm attracted to and wondered if this is the norm? Bit worried about it tbh.

Hoping that others might have experienced similar and reassure that things will go back to normal? FWIW I have been on a pill of some sort since mid teens.

Nojeansplease Tue 14-Jan-20 23:28:08

Yes there are studies on this
What you (as a woman) find attractive changes at different times of the month naturally

The pill changes your natural hormones, so this also has an impact

WitchesAbroad Tue 14-Jan-20 23:32:00

Yeah, I've read some of that but am wondering if it will settle a little as I get used to it and it becomes the 'new normal'.

Feeling like an angsty teen & having inappropriate crushes in ones late 30s is a bit disconcerting to say the least grin

Middersweekly Wed 15-Jan-20 07:53:43

Hormones are very powerful indeed! I had a similar experience when I came off the pill and after I stopped breastfeeding my youngest. Rampant is how I would describe it. It was like a sexual awakening after a decade!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »