Talk

Advanced search

Boyfriend on Tinder but I’ve said/done nothing

(15 Posts)
Whatswrongwithme90 Tue 14-Jan-20 21:14:40

A few days ago I snooped on my boyfriends email account and found a number of Tinder verification emails which apparently are sent each time a person logs into the app for the first time after downloading it. They are NOT just junk mail from a past account. They stretch back to six months ago. He maybe redownloads once a week. I don’t know if he’s met anyone or if he’s just looking but either way he’s a shit. My problem is - or maybe not a problem - I don’t really feel anything. I don’t feel incensed or anything like that. Has anyone on here discovered this sort of thing and had a complete non-reaction? I suppose I need to confront him, and I will, but I don’t feel a burning desire to do so, and I really worry what this says about me and my psychology.

Cream5 Tue 14-Jan-20 21:22:15

I think it just means you dont care.
Perhaps youre relieved as you know theres a legitimate way out or your fears / gut feeling was correct and you werent going crazy.

RLEOM Tue 14-Jan-20 21:34:25

Urgh, leave him. No good comes from this kind of man. Do you feel like you've detached from the relationship?

TheresGotToBeMoreToLife Tue 14-Jan-20 21:34:38

I agree. Perhaps you know your relationship isn't great and this is a perfectly valid 'excuse' (not that you need one) to end it

Windmillwhirl Tue 14-Jan-20 21:40:20

You snooped presumably because you felt he was up to no good. Perhaps you half expected it?

Sparkle567 Tue 14-Jan-20 21:48:19

I delete tinder and re-download it.
You don’t need a verification code each time you download it and log back in.

He must be deleting his account after every time he uses it. So downloads, makes a new account, does whatever. Deletes the whole account and start again..

Sparkle567 Tue 14-Jan-20 21:49:13

Oh and leave him.

CalleighDoodle Tue 14-Jan-20 21:50:37

You dont care anymore. Leave.

TheBlueStocking Tue 14-Jan-20 21:51:04

It's not unusual to not experience jealousy. We're expected by society to feel that way, but some of us just don't experience it.

Either that, or you have already emotionally detached from the relationship.

Sadiee88 Tue 14-Jan-20 21:52:13

If you don’t feel anything, that says it all. Finish it and move on.

Jane1978xx Tue 14-Jan-20 22:04:39

My friend saw my husband on tinder and I didn’t say anything And he walked out a few months later

TheYearOfTheDog Tue 14-Jan-20 22:08:04

I wouldnt tell him you know. Id say you are not feeling it anymore. Not as attracted to him, finding him a bit staid. Agree to part. Be a relief. Handshake. Celebrate.
Do the opposite of flattering his ego.

Poorolddaddypig Wed 15-Jan-20 00:33:57

I agree with @TheYearOfTheDog!

3rdchristmaslucky Wed 15-Jan-20 00:51:22

You knew something was amiss or you wouldn't have looked.
The fact that you can't muster up a tantrum probably speaks more about the state of your relationship than your mental stability.
Walk away. Not because he's been shit, but because you don't give a toss that he has.

Loveabitofrain Wed 15-Jan-20 13:20:47

This is the devil in me here but given how you feel I'd be inclined to get on Tinder myself. See if he swipes! Would be interesting if he saw it then mentioned it to you......................

Sorry couldn't resist! Probably a bit petty!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »