Talk

Advanced search

How soon?

(5 Posts)
Fairycake2 Mon 02-Dec-19 18:35:00

How soon after you separated did you find you were ready to date again?

I know I'm not ready yet but I'd like to think I will meet someone else eventually.

IndieTara Mon 02-Dec-19 23:28:01

12 months before I could think about it

stucknoue Tue 03-Dec-19 08:17:17

3 months before I registered for old, then a further 2 months before I met anyone. 7 months on I met an amazing man and it's now been 8 weeks ... early days but it's amazing to actually be wanted again, he calls me from the car park at work because he can't wait to get home! Alas we live a long way apart but thank goodness for unlimited call plans!

welshladywhois40 Tue 03-Dec-19 08:21:39

I think it really depends on the relationship you have left. My marriage was a mess for a long time before I left and I emotionally checked out 6 months before I left and had starting trying to leave for two months.

So for me quite quickly. Had a couple of flings after 5 months, dates at 6 months and then met my new partner then.

Talith Tue 03-Dec-19 08:25:50

Instantly. I was craving intimacy and affection! Found current partner of three years after a year or so of flings.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »